Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

No Supplements Today

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
Non-gmo, "naturally" raised goat on the menu today, so no salmon oil capsules. We also finished a liver detox with milk thistle extract. I normally give the supplements before they eat. Poor Miras kept waiting to eat and had to be repeatedly told it was ok to eat. She knew a step was being skipped and didn't want to be in trouble. ;)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

We are out of fish oil caps too, but I only give them maybe three times a week. Other than that, I have recently started giving ours spirulina for environmental allergies, and it seems to have done the job. I've never been big on supplements other than fish oil, but it really has worked well as an antihistamine. Once I get to order meats online that's much better quality I will possibly stop the fish oil, or at least back it off even more.

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
I'm not against supplementing if there proves to be a need (and you've done your research on the product). Every dog is different. Of course, some supplements are unnecessary and then there is the possibility of certain ones canceling each other out... And some can be downright harmful (especially if overdosed). A little research can go a long way in making the right decisions.

Salmon oil is the main supplement we use. Others include milk thistle extract and probiotics.

LeonilKyle

LeonilKyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAustralia

salmon oil is good suplement were use, it can improve the quality and shine of his fur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO