Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Feeding A Dog With Pancreatitis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
Hello everyone! Hopefully there are some people that are still here :) and merry Christmas to those that celebrate!

My parents’ male boxer has pancreatitis and has been on a prescribed diet for pancreatitis :( (so some kibble and wet food) he was on a raw diet along with their other 3 boxers until he was diagnosed. is there anything that my parents can feed him? My poor Mother is scared to death that he cannot eat anything, especially stuff that has fat on it, except that prescribed diet. Their boxer, Duke, is extremely thin (literally his whole skeleton shows), is slow and weak, and apparently has “episodes” once a month where he is extremely lethargic and appears extra sickly
  • OliverHets likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs by Lew Olson has a chapter on feeding raw diets to dogs with pancreatitis. Dr. Judy Morgan is another good resource to look into. She has books as well as a wealth of information in her facebook live morning show (search "pancreatitis" on her FB page). She's also available for phone consult if necessary. I hope your parents are able to find a good solution for him. Its not fun having a sick pet. :( Good luck!

• OliverHets likes this

TRDmom

TRDmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

http://www.drjudymor...h-pancreatitis/

• OliverHets likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO