Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Commercial Raw Failures...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Is it just me or is everyone pushing commercial raw these days? Pet stores are offering up the wrong advice, many different forums and facebook groups are doing and so many owners are failing their dogs by starting out the wrong way - then the dog ends up on kibble again. There isn't any incentive to research proper nutrition, it's the typical open the bag and put it in a bowl. And yet, many of these commercial diets aren't balanced - nor are rotations pushed.

PMR gives the best chance of success... I've seen so many failures due to commercial raw, yet it's hard to get people back onboard with the better advice.

• OliverHets likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Well, they are probably pushing it due to the act that more owners are aware of ingredients, AND they want to cash in on the raw deal....But again, it's commercial so it is processed still to a point, so it's subject to recalls   and sketchy companies. PMR  is the real way to go with raw, and you become a MUCH more informed owner on nutritional needs. 

• OliverHets likes this

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

PMR  is the real way to go with raw, and you become a MUCH more informed owner on nutritional needs. 

And that's the biggest part of it, no incentive to learn when you keep feeding the meal in a bag. Hard to be a voice in the crowd when everyone else pushes commercial raw due to ease.

Still trying to find an approach that makes people open their eyes and their minds.

• OliverHets likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

And that's the biggest part of it, no incentive to learn when you keep feeding the meal in a bag. Hard to be a voice in the crowd when everyone else pushes commercial raw due to ease.

Still trying to find an approach that makes people open their eyes and their minds.

My approach is point blank. Just the facts on raw vs. commercial. I'm nice about it, but factual. Then, after the conversation is over and we go separate ways, they are left to think about what all was said, and hopefully investigate more and make better more informed decisions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO