Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Purina is scared!

- - - - - purina raw feeding prey model raw raw feeding videos

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

Noticed this video was an ad on one of our PMR YouTube videos today. I can't believe how low they're stooping with their propaganda to keep selling their garbage

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I think the reason they can get away with it is because canines are highly adaptable.  Most animals that are obligated carnivores need to eat meat because a) they cannot produce something in their body that is only found in meat or b ) they cannot convert something in fruits/veggies that is vital to them.  Lets be honest.  Wolves are survivors.  I have never seen a dog willingly eat veggies.  Fruits are loaded with sugar (I call it dog candy.)  Wolves need to be able to produce things in their bodies because they don't hunt every day like a feline does.  I feel like companies use this to their advantage saying that dogs need these plant based materials.  

• jdatwood, Prey Model Raw and GimMom like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Two of my dogs will willingly eat carrots but not all of it gets eaten. They will play with it and toss it around and eventually eat the majority of it but we have to go over that spot with the vacuum because there is always pieces left. Bring out the meat, however, and the carrots are forgotten. Carrots, to them, are more like a conveniently edible toy.

Purina has really gotten under my skin with their new ads. It makes me so angry because I know people will fall for it. 

• jdatwood and Prey Model Raw like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

We are watching Jon's mom's dog right now and she will eat the snap peas right off the vines of our garden. But other than that these dogs don't like raw veggies. 

• jdatwood likes this

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

ugh

disgusting lies. Not completely 100% lies, however. When the plant matter is properly prepared(must be pureed or cooked), dogs can digest and maybe even benefit from the plant matter. The only time I ever observed wolves eating plant matter is when they've gone well past their time to find a meal(around 3-4 weeks between meals). But still, dogs can live past 20 YEARS, not up to 15 years. They live that long when they are healthy and thriving. A healthy and thriving dog is a raw fed dog.

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

I love that comments and ratings are disabled on the video.  Definitely hiding...

• Prey Model Raw and SuperPug like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Oh it's obvious that the big box dog food companies are feeling the heat at least from the smaller, higher quality foods. Just recently Hill's came out with a "all natural, grain free food" that is pea based. 

They look for whatever they can make money on. And there's money in better quality nutrition. I hate to say it but this aspect actually will bring more healthy insight to the consumers since Hill's is such a large company. 

Either way, I think it'll be interesting to see how the pet food industry changes over the next 5, 10, 20 years. 

• jdatwood and SuperPug like this

Courtney16

Courtney16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationStockton,Ca

The industry should evolve quickly with all the "fresh" diets coming out. 

I am surprised that they felt the need to create an ad to tell people that dogs are "omnivores". It only indicates that the public becoming more informed.

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
I think its kind of funny that they are trying to prove that dogs are omnivores and are Not wolves, yet they start of by comparing the wolves diet to dogs. They just twist their word around to sound good. And Sure 74% of wolves may eat other stuff but what percentage are they eating? Maybe a few blades of grass and a berry or 2? How often do you hear of wolves raiding people's corn crops? Ok Im being sarcastic, but I get really tired of these companies telling people this stuff.
We had a Royal Canin rep stop by a few months back and she was talking about their new hypoanallergenic(sp) diet. Protein source= feathers. And they are looking into worm meal too. :P
And I think they need to take a closer look at a dogs teeth.
  • jdatwood, Prey Model Raw, Iorveth and 2 others like this

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

C'mon guys.  We shouldn't hate on them too much.  They make fantastic goat and horse food  :P

• jdatwood and naturalfeddogs like this

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

I'm dying. Are they serious?!?! Dyinggggg.

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

C'mon guys.  We shouldn't hate on them too much.  They make fantastic goat and horse food  :P

Yesh. I wouldn't even feed this to my goats and horses!

• jdatwood and Courtney16 like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Any veggies I feed Gimli come out the same way they went in, just chewed. :P Purina needs to lay off the dope.

• jdatwood, Iorveth, SuperPug and 1 other like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

God, I can't stop laughing at this video. Dog food industry propaganda is mindblowingly stupid.

• jdatwood likes this

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

So I didn't honestly watch this till today.  LOL at the whole "molars to break down plant food."  Because...you know....tigers don't have molars.  Dogs and wolves aren't the same animal...that is true.  One is Canis Lupus and the other Canis Lupus familiaris.  Duh...completely different.  76% of wolves eat veggies and fruits so we compare them to the dog (which is a different animal.)  80% of people each chocolate so you know...if you willingly eat it then it must be essential to your health!  Can't live without it!

Still doesn't explain why they load their cat food up with grains.

• jdatwood, Iorveth, SuperPug and 2 others like this

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL
The mobile site needs a like button. I love that post xD
  • jdatwood likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Agreed!
  • SuperPug likes this

Britt0325

Britt0325

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJersey

I think the reason they can get away with it is because canines are highly adaptable. Most animals that are obligated carnivores need to eat meat because a) they cannot produce something in their body that is only found in meat or b ) they cannot convert something in fruits/veggies that is vital to them. Lets be honest. Wolves are survivors. I have never seen a dog willingly eat veggies. Fruits are loaded with sugar (I call it dog candy.) Wolves need to be able to produce things in their bodies because they don't hunt every day like a feline does. I feel like companies use this to their advantage saying that dogs need these plant based materials.

That's exactly it. Dogs basically evolved eating anything they could get a hold of easily. Scraps left behind from humans, garbage, human feces. It's not like any of that stuff is all that healthy... It was just the quickest and easiest meal.

On another note, I don't mind feeding veggies and my dog likes the majority of them. Before I switched to raw I had my dog on the liver cleansing diet for a few months. That diet is primarily veggies and some white fish. I've never seen him eat food so easily. Before that he was always a picky eater and never easily ate his kibble.

Till this day I give him a frozen carrot every night and he loves it. Plus it helps clean his teeth. He likes green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, and a few other things. I don't mind giving those things to him. He gets all the meat he needs and those are basically his treats and it's not like he can get fat off them.

I'm sure there's more dogs that enjoy eating veggies.
  • blacksheep likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I've been adding a puree of berries/kale and salmon oil to Bailey's diet as a "cancer" diet because she's had two different malignant tumors removed. 

So while I think a well rounded PMR diet is best for MOST dogs.....I think there are plenty of healthy, appropriate alternatives for dogs who need it. 

Plus, if dogs enjoy veggies or fruit and there's no harm in giving it....why not? 

• naturalfeddogs, Iorveth and amie s like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Oh it's obvious that the big box dog food companies are feeling the heat at least from the smaller, higher quality foods. Just recently Hill's came out with a "all natural, grain free food" that is pea based. 

They look for whatever they can make money on. And there's money in better quality nutrition. I hate to say it but this aspect actually will bring more healthy insight to the consumers since Hill's is such a large company. 

Either way, I think it'll be interesting to see how the pet food industry changes over the next 5, 10, 20 years. 

Totally just realized I butchered my own post. And I was mistaken. It is Royal Canin that has the feather food. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purina, raw feeding, prey model raw, raw feeding videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO