Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hey All...from Pa, Usa

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AbuAbu

AbuAbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im happy to be here, Im expecting my 8 week young husky,this week,from the breeder,and gonna start him on his prey model raw...Im gonna feed him nothing but chicken quarter legs,for the first two weeks,then include turkey wings....and I was wondwwwering,should I fast him the first day?dont want to stress him out,new surroundings and all,but Idont wanna give him kibble Either,also when I introduce fish,should i be concernened about too much fish?Im Thinking fish heads and whiting fish....thanks to all that respond....

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Welcome! Congratulations on your new baby! 

I wouldn't fast him the full day since he's so young. The day you decide to switch, give him a meal of kibble for dinner the night before and then start with raw food that next morning. You don't want to fast young puppies under the age of 3 months. 

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Puppies so young shouldn't be fasted, so don't do that. I never fasted any of mine. 

Stick with bone in chicken for at least the first week, and assuming all is well, then go to turkey and do the the same thing there then move on to the next protein. 

Fish can be introduced after turkey. The beneficial fish are the oily types that you get the omega 3's from. Just be careful of wild caught salmon from the Pacific Northwest. There is a risk of salmon poisoning. Any other fish you feed, is pretty much just another protein. 

AbuAbu

AbuAbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you both,ok I will do as suggested,and will keep an eye on his behaviour. And stools.
  • Prey Model Raw and naturalfeddogs like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Keep us posted and let us know how things go!

AbuAbu

AbuAbu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok,I will definitely keep you all posted..

kathylcsw

kathylcsw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Virginia

I started Buster on raw when I brought him home at 8 weeks. I didn't fast him at all. I just gave him a chicken drummie a few hours after he came home. Never had any problems.

Mobezilla

Mobezilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Congratulations on the new addition! I loveee husky pups so hopefully you'll post some pictures :D and good luck with the switch to raw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO