Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Went Straight Into Full-Blown Raw Diet.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Paws

Paws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Awesome :D

It'll be easier once you have him on a feeding schedule. Cats are by far the most finicky animals I've ever dealt with (besides my hedgehog lol) :P

Well my dog is almost up there with cats. shes a weirdo,

hedgehogs are great btw. I had friends that had them as pets hehe.

• GimMom likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
The more variation you can source the better.

Variety is the spice of life.....feed as many animal protein sources as you can- that goes for meat, bone and organs.

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I've given up on the raw thing for the cats for now. Dori was being ridiculously stubborn no matter how small the chunk, and was starting to lose weight. They might just have to be processed crap kitties for a while longer or the rest of their lives. If we get new kittens after they're going on raw immediately so I can avoid BRATTY CAT BEHAVIOR. Oy!

Paws

Paws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Yes I will be gradually working on variation as I find more sources of meat. It's tough finding some of this stuff around here.

Oh and good news about her organs. She eats them as long as they are frozen, diced and mixed with tripe.

Also look what my fat cat just typed (speaking of kitties):

]'

?
??????????????????????????????????????????????2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222.000000000000.000000000000000000000000/

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////8/

He wants me to go to bed. It is his nightly cuddle ritual. They are so ritualistic aren't they? Probably why it is so hard to change food.

Paws

Paws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Oh and the ingredients on that processed crap are horrid aren't they?

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I hate the processed crap! I feel guilty feeding it, but Dori won't relent in the stubbornness, and it seems like Josie is following the brat like a little lemming. 

Great on the organs! I'm gonna be adding a little in soon. Gimli seems to be tolerating beef heart rather well, so I'm giving him his first boneless meal tonight and praying all goes well! Salmon heads will be ready to go soon, another week of freezing. I need to work up to THAT, though. And buy some tongs. Just LOOKING at them skeeves me out, and I know touching them is going to be a whole other can of worms! 

And your fat cat needs work on his punctuation. :P lol

Paws

Paws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Yes cats are stubborn aren't they? Sort of like certain elderley people that I know that are set in their ways. They'd prefer to stick to canned vegetables rather than fresh raw ones... and they think organic is for a buncha gullible hippies. Don't worry i still feed my cats crappy food too. they are next on the list to switch over. They love their rendered animal meats though. ew.

Yes for the organs, what finally worked for me was mixing the proper ratios of beef/chicken heart, liver, kidney and tripe The organs are diced up smaller than the heart and tripe so it would distribute more. (note that I am no longer grinding my food) I mixed it thouroghly and froze it solid in 160g batches (I think i have half a month's worth). Every morning (when she is super hungry) I take one out and chop it into bite sized peices. My little girl gobbles it up and does not seem to notice that it is not just frozen tripe. Later in the day she gets her other food.

It was a lot of chopping and I cut myself alot lol. I need some gloves or something.

• GimMom likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO