Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kittens

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
Last week I go 2 little bobtail kittens that needed some attention. Their toes were somehow injured. They were really swollen and infected(possibly needing amputation on 1). But with some hydro therapy and antibiotic they are doing great. They look to be abut 7 weeks old. The male is a little brown and white tabby and the girl is a calico.
They have been on raw since I got them. Some premade, but mostly chunks from the dogs food. They have taken to it so well. They act feral at feeding time. At First they were getting duck hearts, and muscle meats with a bit of organ. I wanted to try whole prey now, so I got a few pinkie and fuzzy mice. The boy is a greedy pig and swallowed the pinkies whole. She is takes her time. Even with the fuzzies he barely chews. It won't be long and I think they can get bigger items. I was thinking about ordering from hare today, maybe some mice and chicks.
Is there anything I need to add to their diets? I know taurine is very important, and I want to make sure they get a complete diet.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Congrats on the new babies! 

I always make sure there's plenty of fresh, whole (not ground) chunks of heart meat in my kitty food mixes. I make large batches of food for them and freeze it in baggies that last a few days. Depending on the batch there'll be all kinds of stuff in there. Pretty much anything the dogs get but in smaller scale. 

What you could do is give chunks of a cornish game hen (baby chicken) and see how they do with that.

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Yeap. Heart has a higher concentration of taurine, so I use it a lot for my cats :) With cats I try to make it at least 70% (other) muscle meat, 10% heart, 10% organs and 10% bone. They usually get a bit of heart with each meal :)

• cindywallis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO