Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Muzzle Punching (Poking)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I have had Babs and Capone together more and more, they seem to be getting along fine but every once in a while Capone with poke Babs in the side of the head with his nose, she seems not to care, just gives him a look and walks away, is this an aggression thing, play thing or a dominance thing? 

• tritelon likes this

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

OH MY. I know this all too well. Jody (weim/lab) does this to EVERYONE.  Dogs, cats, humans, goats.  It doesn't matter, we are all subject to her punching.  I associate it with a human poking something to agitate it.  Enticing the other critter to play.  

• lovemypits likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I agree with Sprocket....sounds like an invitation to play

I wouldn't put too much thought on it unless you see it escalate in even the smallest way. Keep us posted! 

• lovemypits likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Aussie does that to Lucky when he wants her to play with him. He'll punch her in the side of the neck or head, and bounce around at the same time with his nub going. It usually gets her old self bouncing around with him. 

• lovemypits likes this

amkuska

amkuska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

My dogs poke each other like that when they want to play too. This is usually followed up with a couple good slaps :D

• lovemypits likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO