Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So I've Been Applying To Vet Clinics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Wahoo!!!! That's so awesome!

Just be yourself- be laid back and friendly, not that you aren't or anything. Just don't stress out!

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Thanks Nat! 

I should just show them my tattoos, I'm covered in animals! :P 

I really REALLY hope I get it, because I want so badly to be in a place that lets me work with animals, and that also means I WILL NEVER HAVE TO DO A PERM EVER AGAIN. :D

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I'm not sure what to say when they ask me about my own animals, which usually leads to "What are they fed?" I really don't want to say raw if I feel for any second they might not be receptive to it, but I hate lying in an interview. :(

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
They won't ask you what you feed your pets- they might ask what pets you have....but I highly doubt they'd ask what they're fed.

Maybe they would after a few weeks or months of being on the team. In which case feel them out- either keep it to yourself or say something like you prepare a home made diet.
  • GimMom likes this

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I was never asked what I fed my animals.  I STILL have not been asked and its been since may.  

• GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Okay, whew! I was worried about that! Good to know. I looked at their website again, and the hilarious thing is that the girl who is interviewing me has a Boston/Pug/Beagle cross, and Gimli is a Bugg, so we have something in common. Another advantage, maybe? Ahahah. Plus, I can just hold out my animal tattooed arms and say "SEEEE? I love animals!" LOL

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Also, $20 says the topic of our hilariously insane addict mayor will come up. LOL

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I'm excited to hear how it goes for you! I agree that I don't think they will ask what you feed, but if they do, just go ahead and say it upfront. Let them know you have researched and knew about what was needed nutritionally before you started. Honesty goes a long way, IMO. 

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I'll answer as best I can, but I feel confident. I really hope I get this, so thanks for the well wishes. Everyone cross their fingers around 230 pm tomorrow! :P

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

:thumbsu:  :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

• GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

It went well, and while I was out doing stuff before the interview, I got a call from another clinic requesting an interview, and then another while I was at a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Things are coming up Milhouse! :P

• Prey Model Raw and naturalfeddogs like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

It's looking good for you!!  :thumbsu:

• GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

The interview today with Toronto Mobile Vet Clinic went well! She REALLY REALLY liked me, my resume and my experience. We talked for an hour and a half and she showed me the mobile unit she uses for house calls and dropped me off at the subway so I wouldn't have to walk. Talked a lot about philosophies and animal care and I was honest as I could be in the interview. She asked me what my sign was, and she was like AHA! when I said Libra, she's an Aquarius and also an air sign, and she said I have an amazing personality and wouldn't doubt my commitment to the patients. So I'll know in a couple of weeks as I was only her second interview. But if she goes for it, I do a three day paid interview where I might go on a call with her and she'll assess whether she wants to sign a contract with me for a few months of work before she gives me actual employee status. She said she'd work around another job, too, so if I have to leave the salon and get a part time job and she hires me, I just give her my schedule and go from there. I WANT SO BAD TO WORK WITH HER. She's like me, loves animals to the point of insanity. We'd get along well, I think. So cross your fingers, y'all, because this would be so ideal. I still have that other interview on Monday, so HOPEFULLY someone will hire me. Even if I get one somewhere else and Dr. Chou (the vet from the mobile clinic) says she wants to hire me, I would love to work in two different clinics. She is also supportive and agrees with raw diets, another bonus!

Sorry for the novel, I'm just really excited about what's happening. I still need to apply to more clinics, only 3 of 60 have given me interviews and the others I looked up didn't have websites, so I'll have to fax my resume. Which is expensive, but worth it. There's a few in my area that I can walk to and drop off my resume, too.

Can you tell I want this? LOL :P

• Prey Model Raw and naturalfeddogs like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

That sounds REALLY promising! If she showed you around like that, then it sounds like a good sign. They did that with me at my job, then I was soon hired. Fingers crossed for you!  :D

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
That sounds like it was meant to be....any word yet???

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Funny you should ask, the first clinic emailed me today and I'm doing a trial shift from 10-3 next Wednesday. Even if I do get hired here, the other one will work around hours. 

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs and GoingPostal like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Woot!!! Congrats girly!

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Thanks! Over. The. Moon. :D

• Prey Model Raw likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Congrats!!!!!!!!  :goodjob: I bet you get the job!!

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

They haven't even seen my tattoos yet! :P

Paw prints on my hands, half sleeve of my cats with a rat, 3/4 sleeve with monkeys, and eventually tattooing Gimli's face on my left forearm. :P

• Prey Model Raw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO