Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Saying Hello From Okinawa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jackielyn

Jackielyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everyone :)  Just wanted to take a moment to say hello.  We are an Army family currently stationed on the small island of Okinawa.  We've been here for 2 years and are enjoying our time!  I am the mom and my husband is the service member, I also have three skin kids who I homeschool.  

As far as fur kids, we have two dwarf hamsters named Molly and Victoria.  We also have a raw fed kitty named Jack (short for Jack Daniels) and a 2 yr old male golden retriever named Coors.  We also recently adopted a 3 month old female golden retriever, we decided to name her Peaches.  

I've fed raw in the past so I am not a newb, but it's definitely posed it's challenges here.  It's also been two years since I've started a puppy on raw and am looking around to compare to see if my puppy's reactions are normal.  It's like raising children, you forget about all the awful things associated with having small children (or puppies, such as waking in the middle of the night to find poop on your floor....)!  Anyway, thanks for having this community available and I hope to post some more!

Thank you!

Jackie

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
I'd love to see pictures of your kids! Welcome to the group!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! We used to have a Doberman named Coors years ago! How funny is that?? Where are you originally from? Here in the states?

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Welcome to the forum!  I hear it's pretty difficult and expensive to source meat in Japan, how bad is it? 

Jackielyn

Jackielyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Let's see if I used the multi quote function correctly!  

I always get asked a second time what his name is...so funny and kind of relieved that we aren't the only ones who name our animals after booze ;)

My husband and I are both originally from South Dakota.

Since we are military we do have access to the commissary which sell American food, thankfully.  They are short on the organ department but i've been lucky to find that on the economy.  I can get hearts and lung (all connected and in a cute little container ;) ).  The only options for kibble here are the typical grocery store brands along with Blue Buffalo which is expensive!  The kibble on the economy is CRAZY expensive.  So raw feeding has proven to be way cheaper for us here.  Choices are limited, lots of chicken and turkey necks but it works for now.  I'm looking forward to being somewhere we can hunt and own multiple deep freezers :)

• Prey Model Raw and naturalfeddogs like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO