Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pmr In Addition To Pmr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Does anyone feed a pre-made raw in addition to prey model?

Last week I grabbed a couple of pre-made mixes to incorporate into my dogs' diets. One reason is because I was able to get a really novel protein (llama) and I don't have a lot of variety where I live so I wanted to jump on that. Another reason is because it's tough to get much bone variety into my dogs' meals because they're so small, so by getting grinds, they can have something other than chicken bones.

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I don't feed premades to my dogs, too expensive but I have been buying some of the bone in grinds from hare today, got some in an order once and found out my cat eats them really willingly so I bought a few new options that were cheaper to buy in a 1lb chub to try than ordering a few pounds of regular pmr, hate to spend the money if she won't eat it.  Same idea though, get some new proteins into her, so far she likes goose that way, I bought some pheasant and mutton as well but haven't tried it yet.  Also bought some of the bone in turkey since she doesn't really eat too many different turkey cuts normally and usually no bone in.  I don't really like dealing with the grinds as much though. 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
It's also too expensive for me to buy regularly since we feed so much per day. But I see nothing wrong with it if you need good variety and your dogs handle it just fine!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
It's also too expensive for me to buy regularly since we feed so much per day. But I see nothing wrong with it if you need good variety and your dogs handle it just fine!

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

I feed ground raw from my old work to my dogs once in a while. It is cheaper for me to buy venison and rabbit that way than from the grocery store.

Zeddicus

Zeddicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDiscordia

I feed it on occasion to my eldest dog  and cat. Over time both of them have stopped being able to chew up and digest whole bone so while I can grind all sorts of poultry for them I like to encorprate red meat with the bone too. Whole meat is best for them and us.

I know that IDEALLY, ground meat should be fed freshly ground but who can always follow the ideal way of doing things. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO