Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I Need Help Finding A Place To Buy In Bulk!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mollypuddles2001

mollypuddles2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Anyone here from the Puyallup or Tacoma area in Washington find a good source for chicken and turkey cuts?  I am striking out so far.  Tried a butcher and multiple grocery stores.  I have reached out to a Yahoo group for Raw feeding but I am not getting any luck there.  Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

• allyshort2 likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
HEY!! Thats my neck of the woods!!! Will pm you :)
  • allyshort2 likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Plymouth Poultry in Seattle is where we order from.....it's the same distributor that the CO OP orders from as well. Unless you go through the co op I believe the require a tax ID number to order though....

mollypuddles2001

mollypuddles2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
What co-op?

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
These are the 3 for our area

http://groups.yahoo....zzuOR_BARF/info

http://groups.yahoo....s/PacNWRaw/info

http://groups.yahoo....wFeedCo-op/info

If you go to the pages tab at the top, there is a link for a list of raw co-ops, all over.

"bully"_lover

"bully"_lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

I live in Baltimore, MD (really in one of the Baltimore counties). I have been searching for 2 months of a good cost effective place to buy bulk meat from. I have 1 70+-lbs dog of my own (an Amstaff/Mastiff mix); & I foster dogs as well. My current foster (just 1 right now...smiles) is about a 60-65-lbs Pit Bull Mix. There are really no small grocers here & none of the chain grocers will sell a case at a reasonable price. Their are no butchers, and no distributers who'll sale to the public that I've been able to find. If anyone can help point me in a good direction, I will be most grateful. Buying from regular grocery stores has me store hopping to find the sales, which isn't that good sometimes when I need to buy 100-110-lbs of meat per month sometimes more if I have more than 1 foster; so I'm urgently trying to stock up my big upright freezer, so I'm not crunched when unexpected fosters arise. Thanks!!!

"bully"_lover

"bully"_lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Update my last post---> From previous replies to this thread, I read about the co-ops on Yahoo Groups. I have found, joined, & posted in several Maryland & Baltimore ones. I'll be checking back on both here & Yahoo Groups. Thanks.

• Prey Model Raw and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Welcome to the board!

Glad you were able to find some raw boards! Hopefully you are able to find good prices that way!!

RescueDogs

RescueDogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Indiana

And don't under-estimate the power of Freecycle & Craigslist postings.  There are lots of people out there with meat they are not going to eat who feel awful about tossing it.  I picked up about 50# of deer meat this past Sunday from a woman whose neighbor keeps giving it to her - she doesn't like it, but felt it was impolite to refuse & hated throwing it away:)

Not only have I gotten free meat from these postings, but I have also gotten really good information from other raw feeders about where to buy.  And I've made some great contacts with deer processors & small farmers who do their own butchering. 

Do I get some wacko responses, too.  Absolutely, but most of the people have been very helpful.  I always include pictures of my dogs to grab people's attention.   If I can get some of my meat for free, that leaves more $$$ for the stuff I have to buy and really helps stretch the budget.

• Jordann and m_ly like this

"bully"_lover

"bully"_lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Great News! I just did my first order with a co-op that I found on Yahoo Groups. And the price difference is RIDICULOUSLY cheaper than grocery store hoping. Thanks for suggesting the Yahoo Groups & Co-ops!!

• Prey Model Raw likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

That's great!!!! Which co op is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO