Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Do You Bag Your Cat Meals?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

My boyfriend and I are trying to find a good way to bag the cat meals. We tried doing daily meals but there were just too many containers... Anyone want to share their secret? :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
When I was feeding my old cat ground raw (I didn't know then, what I'm learning now!) I would wrap it in saran wrap then freeze those 3-4 day portions, and once they were frozen, I was able to take the logs and place them in gallon sized freezer bags, so when I needed to thaw out some food, I was able to run out to the garage and pull out a log of raw and let it thaw, then place it in a rubbermaid storage container, in the fridge. Would love to hear how PMR cat feeders do it, though! :)

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I also bag everything in 2-3 day meals then I feed both the cat and my ferrets out of it.  Usually what I do is take a whole chicken, duck, rabbit, game hen, grouse, some turkey (my cat is picky and doesn't eat red meats).  Whatever I manage to get, thaw them all at the same time and chop up and bag into smaller portions so there's a variety of protein sources, I also throw in some gizzards, liver and heart.  I do separate baggies with whole prey. 

IMG_1614_zps1c9328bf.jpg

IMG_1615_zps4b533e14.jpg

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

I also bag everything in 2-3 day meals then I feed both the cat and my ferrets out of it.  Usually what I do is take a whole chicken, duck, rabbit, game hen, grouse, some turkey (my cat is picky and doesn't eat red meats).  Whatever I manage to get, thaw them all at the same time and chop up and bag into smaller portions so there's a variety of protein sources, I also throw in some gizzards, liver and heart.  I do separate baggies with whole prey. 

IMG_1614_zps1c9328bf.jpg

IMG_1615_zps4b533e14.jpg

So do you do baggies for ALL the cats and ferrets at the same time? I am debating on doing baggies for my two cats who don't have trouble eating larger pieces and a separate baggie for my cat with an overbite (needs smaller pieces). I guess 3-4 day baggies are best, not week long ones, since the meat would go bad, right?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
We prepare a mix of all kinds of stuff, it's almost always different. Package it up in 3 days worth of food and freeze the bags

But I do like the thought of using Saran Wrap....less waste that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO