Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

First Venison Of The Season!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

We kind of lost steam when chopping up this deer, got the rest of it into freezer sized hunks.  I put this piece in my porch (unheated) and have been dragging it in and out every day to let them chomp on it.  Happy to report we only had one day of stinky deer farts this year, last year it was like a week of death ass going on. 

Jersey is prissy and doesn't want to touch it. 

IMG_2260_zpscc605e19.jpg

IMG_2280_zpse3a7afac.jpg

Nero digs right in

IMG_2270_zpsc1e712b3.jpg

IMG_2288_zps83e27357.jpg

Ripley goes for the hard parts

IMG_2266_zps5a3fa99d.jpg

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, Wolfsnaps and 1 other like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
It's crazy how different dogs eat! Happy happy kids! Are you getting any venison for yourself? :)

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I don't care for it.  Only the guys in my family really eat deer, my brother eats it a lot and he got his own this year and everyone still has venison in the freezer from last year.  My nephew took a shot at a little spike, hit but we don't think killed it, never found it.  Next day my stepdad saw a spike running around and shot it just in case it was the same one, he didn't really want to pay the processing fee since they don't need the meat and offered it to me.  Which was awesome because we didn't get any this year, saw does but nothing with antlers we could shoot. 

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I love the way Nero holds it down with his paws,  I guess he wants to make sure its not going anywhere.  

We don't hunt, and no one in my family who does gives up anything,   my venison comes ground in 2lb chubs ... :lol:

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I like it, when it has been hung long enough. The not hung very long stuff kills me! lol My husband might actually go hunting. Next season, finally has a job that will let him take the time off!, so the boys may get elk, deer, cougar, and bear. I know there's something about bear, but don't remember what it is, need to research that more!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Bear can be infected with trichinosis, so either have it tested or don't feed it at all :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
That's what it was! We don't like bear, he would only get one, if it was cubless and trying to eat him. I'll just hope for elk and deer :)

Wolfsnaps

Wolfsnaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Yeah no cougar either.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO