Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Texas!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DaneLover

DaneLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

So, I did this a little backward and posted pics of the girls in the 'pictures' thread before coming here. We live southeast of Austin and are starting raw today. Unfortunately there aren't any great stores in my area. There is a butcher the next town over, but they don't usually have much more than bones, which is OK if that's all I'm looking for, but they can't live on beef bones alone.

I have tried feeding raw in the past, but not like this. I had a Dane that developed Leukemia before she was 4, I think she was the best dog I've ever had since becoming an adult. Anyway, I got ground brisket from the butcher and mixed it with all kinds of supplements and veggies. It was a real pain in the butt at the time, and expensive. Back then I had 3 Danes and 3 cats and my Chihuahua. Then a couple of years ago, I was doing the same meal plan for just the little dog and 1 cat, but I didn't seem to be able to get things right because they both got fat.

(I really dislike feeding dry dog and cat food to my animals.)

Now, Ryba has had a problem about peuking her food back up for close to a year. I have to be extremely careful of how she gets fed in order to make sure she isn't going to bring it back up. In fact she peuked again last night, but I think it's because hubby gave her cake. Aine has a problem with staying hydrated, so I have to be careful with her too. All this tells me it's time to do this right and do it now.

Thanks for being here, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

Lyn

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Welcome to the group!!! Keep us all posted on how the transition goes :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Welcome to the forum, Lyn! There are many helpful people here!

I have a hound who would randomly get diarrhea, when he was on kibble. Form day one of starting raw, his poops have been nice and firm, and he seems much happier. He LOVES eating now.

If you have any questions, people answer them quickly here, which is really nice!

I look forward to seeing how your journey goes!

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
Welcome. :)

I wanted to mention that you may want to look at ordering bulk if you have the space. I've been using a company called texas tripe to get my chicken. They do drops in locations throughout texas. If you go to their website they have a list of drop off points and times. Right now they have 40-50 pounds of backs for 11$.
  • DaneLover likes this

DaneLover

DaneLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas

Wow, thank you, I will check them out now!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Texas and Washington are close, right? That's an amazing deal! Ugh, I will find a good deal soon. Have to have faith. lol
  • DaneLover likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama
Welcome to PMR!
  • DaneLover likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO