Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Puppy!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Meet Morgan, the puppy my fiance and I just adopted! Any guesses on breed are welcome, he's about four months but we're not totally sure.

And yes, he's already been switched to raw. Just got half a chicken back for dinner and chomped it down.

100_7420_zps7c7718b7.jpg

100_7421_zpsb7622cdb.jpg

I'll get better pictures soon!! I'm friggin' exhausted, haven't had a puppy in a while.

• Prey Model Raw, GimMom, CurtisDaw and 36 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
So handsome!! Looks like he'll be a little bigger than Sophie? lol What does she think of him?

Almost looks like some Border Collie made it in there. LOVE his coloring! Can't wait to watch him grow!

Glad he loved the raw already! :)
  • GimMom, CurtisDaw, CurtisCiz and 24 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
What a cutie! Congratulations on the new addition. I had no idea you guys were looking for a new dog :)
  • GimMom, CurtisDaw, CurtisCiz and 18 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

So handsome!! Looks like he'll be a little bigger than Sophie? lol What does she think of him?

Almost looks like some Border Collie made it in there. LOVE his coloring! Can't wait to watch him grow!

I'm saying Border Collie too, and maybe.........Lab? Very adorable indeed!

• CurtisCiz, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 10 others like this

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Could also be cattle dog or pointer. Guess it depends on how big he gets!!
  • CurtisCiz, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 9 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I was thinking lab, but who knows. lol

Did he look like the siblings? Tank looked NOTHING like the brother and sister who were left. His mama got around! Sister looked to be a BC mix and brother looked to be St Bernard mix. Mixes are weird. I love them! :)
  • CurtisCiz, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 9 others like this

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Sophie tolerates him but he keeps trying to play with her, which just pisses her off :P. She's an older dog and not a fan of puppies.

What a cutie! Congratulations on the new addition. I had no idea you guys were looking for a new dog :)

We had been talking about getting a puppy for a while but hadn't planned to get one that day, haha! Saw an ad on Craigslist, someone found a puppy wandering around and the shelters here are kill shelters so they didn't want to take him there. We went to meet him and fell in love.

I'm saying Border Collie too, and maybe.........Lab? Very adorable indeed!

We've been thinking German Shorthaired Pointer but yeah, maybe some Lab or Border Collie in there :).

Could also be cattle dog or pointer. Guess it depends on how big he gets!!

Yeah, I see German Shorthaired Pointer and the area he was found in has a lot of hunters. Who knows! Like you said, we'll see how big he gets.

I was thinking lab, but who knows. lol

Did he look like the siblings? Tank looked NOTHING like the brother and sister who were left. His mama got around! Sister looked to be a BC mix and brother looked to be St Bernard mix. Mixes are weird. I love them! :)

We didn't see the parents or siblings so no idea, haha!

• FrancesMep, aqweriz, fulikiji and 6 others like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I almost got an 8 month old dog when Tank was 3 and a half and he didn't dig how much the puppy wanted to play. I was going to take him for a weekend, but a lady with a crabby Chihuahua mix guilted the guy into letting her take him. Fine by me, because then we wouldn't have kept Calvin.

He looks like a sweet boy!
  • FrancesMep, aqweriz, fulikiji and 4 others like this

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Also, as a general update:

Haven't slept in a while, yay puppies! :P

He's teething so trying to eat everything ever. He literally walks up to trees to gnaw on them. He has a ton of energy so we've been spending most of our time outside...playing, training, going on walks, etc. When in the house, he's moving nonstop and getting into everything :P. It's like my Dachshund puppy all over again.

Morgan loves the raw diet but unfortunately he puked up his breakfast this morning. It wasn't a regurge (although that happened yesterday, he ate too fast), it happened later and was regular vomit. Poor guy. Going to give him a very small piece of chicken tonight just in case. I'm sure he'll get used to it in time.

Going to take him to PetCo tomorrow for socialization and maybe to buy some toys and a pen.

Housetraining is going OK. I think he gets the general idea. He tends to pee the moment I bring him outside. But he won't hold it if he's indoors, he might go to the door and then you have a millisecond to get him outside, ha. He's been great about pooping outside, though, he cries when he has to go.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Thanks for the update! He's such a lucky fella!!!

Post up more pictures :)

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

More pictures:

100_7428_zps4358fbf3.jpg

100_7434_zps7dd429e4.jpg

100_7439_zpsea8003b8.jpg

100_7440_zps02db2942.jpg

The usual Sophie picture, sigh:

100_7431_zpse85d10ef.jpg

Holyfield says "get me the hell out of here!!"

100_7443_zps7cb62abf.jpg

• Prey Model Raw, Jordann, FrancesMep and 6 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Awww! What a face on that little one! I keep bugging my boyfriend for a puppy, but then I remember how hectic it was and can put it off a little longer :P

• FrancesMep, aqweriz, Howardsi and 2 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

OMG. I love him!!! He's such a doll face!!! 

• FrancesMep, aqweriz, Howardsi and 1 other like this

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

OMG. I love him!!! He's such a doll face!!! 

Don't let the face fool you, he spent all day getting into trouble! :P

Any advice for keeping his paws off the counter would be appreciated, haha! I've always had short dogs!

• FrancesMep, aqweriz and Howardsi like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
That face is very fooling! I see why you guys took him home that day!

Thank you for the update!! For potty training, have you thought of/heard about bell training? That's how we finally got out Dane puppy trained, when I was in high school. It gives them a way to tell you they need to go out. We just got a cow bell, and tied it to the door handle. She played with it for a little bit, but we took her out every time, and she finally got it. Just another option. :)

We have never had issues with jumping, so no help there. Best of luck! :)

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

That face is very fooling! I see why you guys took him home that day!

Thank you for the update!! For potty training, have you thought of/heard about bell training? That's how we finally got out Dane puppy trained, when I was in high school. It gives them a way to tell you they need to go out. We just got a cow bell, and tied it to the door handle. She played with it for a little bit, but we took her out every time, and she finally got it. Just another option. :)

We have never had issues with jumping, so no help there. Best of luck! :)

I've heard about bell training but today he's started asking to go out by going to the door so I'm going to encourage that (mostly because it's what Sophie does already) :). Makes sense to have both dogs do the same thing, this way he can learn from Sophie. He follows her almost everywhere, haha. She actually played with him outside this morning! She NEVER plays with other dogs.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
It was nice when we had Charly, because Lola (my parents' Danes) followed everything he did. Except potty training. We got her at 12 weeks from the same rescue we got Charly from 5 years before. From the time she was born, until she was surrendered, she lived in a 10x10 foot pen with her siblings AND mom and dad. I guess the pen was filled with poop and pee, so badly their feet were completely covered. We crate trained her, like the rescue suggested, but for the longest time, Lola would go into her kennel to potty, then would come out. She is one of the cleanest dogs I have met now, though. She turned 8 last September.

I love having older dogs to train puppies! We were lucky, because Charly didn't have negative behaviors .... By the time Lola was 8 or 9 months old, I could walk her off leash like Charly, and she would stay with us. Made training so much easier! lol

That's exciting she played with him today! Probably realizes he is here to stay, so she needs to get used to it. lol Yay Sophie!!!

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

So we're thinking he's definitely a German Shorthaired Pointer, mixed or not. Not only does he look like one but he also "points" when he's oustide. It's pretty cute! I'm hoping to get a picture.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Can't wait to see! I wanted a GSP, but got Tank. lol

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Last night Sophie started playing with him as if she was a normal dog. I saw her play bow for the first time (keep in mind she's almost 10 and I've had her since she was 8 weeks old). She's lived with other dogs most of her life, including quite a few (a dozen? two dozen?) fosters, so I'm not sure what's different about Morgan! But now they play all the time! Wrestling and everything.

• Prey Model Raw, GoingPostal, Jordann and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO