Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rice Or Potatoes And Why

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

lauren43

lauren43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
If you had to choose a food and those were the unnecessary ingredients to choose from which would you choose??!

I think that most grain frees either have potato or peas as a filler. How are they any better than rice?

I personally would stay away from corn, wheat, barley and soy...but what's wrong with rice??

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Rice is still a grain.

I would use potatoes personally.

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

I see nothing wrong with rice, unless a dog is allergic to it. I've fed my dog rice during last summer when he was very active, and consequently started losing weight.

I wouldn't feed potato. I'd prefer sweet potato. 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
My boys are freaks for potato. Not so keen on sweet potato, but love red potatoes (as that's pretty much all we buy) ... They will eat sweet potato if they have to, but would rather not ...... Much like their dad. lol

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Rice if it is brown rice.  I feel like theres more nutrients important to dogs in brown rice such as magnesium and theres quite a bit more protein.

If its white rice, I'd rather use potatoes.

I'd rather use sweet potatoes than russet.

Kaona

Kaona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I would prefer potatoes because rice is a grain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO