Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

We Are Expecting!

- - - - - raw fed great dane puppy great dane puppy naturally raised great dane great dane

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
She can stop now. She threw a Merle. I'm good. :)

Can't wait to see how many more she has!!! Yay!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D
  • Prey Model Raw likes this

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Go Panda!  Can't wait to see the final count. 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I didn't know you wanted one Jordann! LOL

She's up to four now, two boys and two girls, two of each color black and merle! 

• naturalfeddogs likes this

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

You HAVE to keep a black one, you already have too many harly ones and I think all black Danes are just stunning.  The sire was a brindle right?  Can't believe she hasn't popped out any of those yet.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I'm definitely considering a black female! We actually wont get any brindle because Panda doesn't carry for fawn, and she would have to carry for fawn to have fawn/brindle puppies. So just black, merle and harl (50% black, 25% merle and 25% harl statistically). I have my hopes set on a a black or harl girl but you know how statistics go....we could end up with more of one than the other or no harl...just depends on how genes line up. 

• GoingPostal likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

They are all so freakin' adorable, but I'm partial to the merles, too. 

How's mama? 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

She's good....we are at 6 now. 

10004024_10152415085855934_839195576_n.j

• naturalfeddogs, GoingPostal, Pixel and 2 others like this

Amanda

Amanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBarry, IL

I'm surprised they all look so solid colored. Is the spotted look recessive or is that what harlequin is?

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Is that 3 and 3 I see? She's gotta throw one brindle for dad!

Glad everyone is doing good!

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

They're so adorable! :D Panda looks like a natural, too 

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
This is all too exciting! All the years I've been working in veterinary care and I've never been able to see pups being born:( I would love to watch this lol. I would love to watch my pup being born at the end of April but i don't have the balls to ask the breeder. Just seems like it's more of a personal thing for them...idk

Anyways, congrats on the puppies they are so adorable!! Keep sharing pics!

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
Glad everything is going good. They are so cute and I love the colors.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Missed the post on not carrying fawn. lol

What are you up to now? It's been 4 hours ... I can't take the waiting!!!! lol

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Congrats!! Pretty pretty babiessss <3

Bi-Gullygoats

Bi-Gullygoats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Just precious!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

OHHH YEA!!!!!! So happy!!! They are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats Natalie & Jon!  :thumbsu: Panda and all babies still ok?

• lovemypits likes this

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Congrats guys!  they are absolutely adorable, I hope everyone is doing well :D

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Sorry for the delay.....we have had a rough week. Panda ended up getting uterine inertia, which means that her uterus stopped contracting and couldn't get the last puppy out. There were 13 total puppies, puppy #9 was stillborn and was blocking the rest of the puppies, as well as a few retained placentas. I gave her an injection that would help her gain the ability to have contractions again, and she had the still born and then 3 healthy babies after that. I let her rest the remainder of the evening and took her in for an x-ray to make sure all babies were out. Found ONE more still in there but she was so tired that she couldn't push him out. 

SO....we brought her back to the clinic for an ER c-section and spay, because her uterus was so tired and damaged. Not the ending we wanted for her, but we are just glad that she is doing well and made it through surgery ok. We successfully pulled the last baby out, who after so much time in there and after the shot I gave (it causes placental detachment- which causes puppies to suffocate while still in utero), was alive and kicking. It took a good deal of stimulation and work to get that boy breathing and screaming, but we did! Unfortunately he was really, really cold after being pulled out and under anesthesia that we had to warm him, which happened a little too quickly. Heating chilled puppies too fast, will cause shock, and death if not careful. He showed signs of mild shock for the first day and a half, but is now doing just fine. You wouldn't even know he was born under anesthesia, except for the fact that he's GREEN! The placenta is greenish in color and when babies are born, mama dog licks them clean. But that never happened with him, so he's still got that green tinge LOL....we've been calling him the Hulk or Green Machine or the Joker (his facial markings look like the Joker's smile LOL).

After surgery, things were pretty stressful though because she needed to be put in antibiotics to keep infection from spreading, the problem is that all antibiotics will pass through her milk to her babies. Some cause just GI upset (because they cause "sterile gut" in a puppy- supplement with probiotics and they should be fine), and others cause serious developmental problems. The doctor at Washington State University wanted her on Baytril- which causes serious problems. But the doc who did the surgery said, lets just keep her on Clavamox and monitor her very closely. We came close to having to use Baytril because of her symptoms....but she has gotten much better. So, we are continuing to keep a close eye on her with just clavamox and crossing our fingers nothing else is needed. 

NOW for some pictures! We have 12 beauties: 6 boys and 6 girls, colors as follows: 

3 black boys, 3 black girls

3 merle boys, 2 merle girls

1 harl girl 

I had been whispering to Panda's pregnant belly that she needed to give me a harlequin girl.....and it turned out that the ONLY harlequin was a girl. Kinda meant to be if you ask me! She will probably be our keeper baby from this litter, but you never know....maybe a black girl will steal my heart. 

1525227_10152423379805934_1178447532_n.j

1529938_10152423378360934_1999039813_o.j

1911296_10152423371035934_668478243_o.jp

965527_10152423368875934_1140194118_o.jp

10001263_10152423364175934_626254334_o.j

1619176_10152419337905934_364626022_n.jp

1962576_10152423375610934_1433052118_o.j

10014742_10152423361055934_1010299654_o.

10012680_10152423361605934_1066005984_o.

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

WOW. Ya'll have had a rough time with all this. What a huge litter, and to only have one stillborn! SO glad things are looking up! I know that had to scare ya'll to death.  Do you think you will let her have another litter in the future? 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
What a scary situation!! So glad the 12 are doing good, and mama is on the mend! At least you got the markings you wanted, now for the choice of which to keep.

They are all absolutely adorable!

Love the green boy! lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raw fed great dane puppy, great dane puppy, naturally raised great dane, great dane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO