Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

9 Month Old Puppy Burying His Chicken Thighs.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Cloudsinmycoffee1433

Cloudsinmycoffee1433

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
About a month ago I accidentally gave my Labrador spoiled chicken :( and he got diarrhea. We haven't given him any since until today. This morning he buried his chicken thighs and refused to eat them and when I gave it for dinner he did the same, but didn't want me to take it from him. The chicken has not gone bad. Could this be related to the incident? Should I try and get him to eat chicken or give him a break for now?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Welcome to the board! I would not let him bury it, but give him a chance to eat it. If he doesn't eat it right away, pick it up and keep it in the fridge until the next meal time. Offer it again, and repeat if he doesn't eat it right away. 

It may just be that he remembers not feeling well after chicken and is hesitant to eat it again. But I wouldn't let that stop you from feeding chicken. 

Is the chicken you offered enhanced with sodium at all? Because that could explain it as well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO