Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Sophie's Story

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

I forgot to post about Sophie here, I had her success story on the other forum.

Sophie was always sick. Since she was a puppy, she would wake me up in the middle of the night a few times a week, puking. Some days I would come home and there would be diarrhea and vomit everywhere. She did better on some kibbles (Innova being the one she did best on) but she always puked no matter what. It was just how it was. The vet said she had IBD and prescribed a weird prescription diet that made her even more sick so I didn't bother with it. The next vet said she had a "sensitive stomach" and there wasn't much to be done.

Somehow, I came across raw diet information. I had looked into it before but only saw BARF stuff and was overwhelmed at the idea of balancing meat and veggies, grinding/blending, adding supplements, etc. It seemed like a ton of work and easily screwed up. This time, I came across the premade raw diets. They were pricey but I decided to give them a shot. I started feeding Stella and Chewy's. I remember looking in amazement as she had her first "normal", hard stool in years. She continued doing well on the diet (and I was now also feeding Bravo! and Primal) but it was so expensive that I looked for alternatives. Luckily, I found out about prey model raw! I'm not sure how I found the site originally but I remember going to the store that day to get my first chicken wings, chicken backs, and turkey necks :). Sophie took to it easily (our other dog wasn't so sure but ended up liking it just as much) and was crunching bones in no time. I was delighted to see that her stools continued to be normal (and now much tinier, ha) and after a few weeks I realized something...she hadn't puked once since starting the raw diet! It's now over 3 years later and she hasn't puked once. That's INSANE for a dog that used to vomit a few times a week! It really confirms that diet was the problem all along.

Sophie's coat also became much softer and shinier, people asked me what shampoo I was using ;). AND she gained energy even though she's considered a "senior". She runs around outside, goes jogging, and loves hiking. She acts like a young dog.

Plus, it was cool to watch her eat a goat head :P.

100_6966_zps92ddda34.jpg

• GimMom and Jordann like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Thank you for sharing Sophie's story! It's been such a pleasure to follow her adventure! 

Bi-Gullygoats

Bi-Gullygoats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

She is beautiful!!!

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

She's a cutie! And I didn't realize that she barfed THAT much, what a huge turnaround! Must feel pretty awesome not to see her suffer anymore!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
What a great story! Glad she's doing so amazingly well!!

HEY! You got a picture with her eyes open! :P She really is a beauty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO