Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bambi

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Since I posted about Sophie, I better post about our other Cocker, Bambi! Bambi was a family dog and lives with my mom but she was partially "mine" for a while.

Bambi wasn't sick all the time like Sophie. All in all, she was a hardy dog and would have been thought to "do well" on kibble. But the thing was, she HATED it. It didn't matter what kibble it was, she didn't want to eat it. We actually had to stand over her and say "Bambi, eat! Eat, Bambi!" to get her to eat at all. She never finished her food and always walked away from the dish, letting the other dogs get it.

Boy did that change with raw. She wasn't sure at first but after her first chicken wing, she got it down. She did well immediately; she gained some muscle (she had always been kinda scrawny, ha), her stools were much smaller and harder, and above all else...she actually liked her food! She now spun in circles and made excited noises in the morning, excited to eat. She would finish all of her food, not allowing the other dogs to take it. Her teeth, which had been on the dirty side, cleared up and she no longer needed a dental.

So yeah, Bambi "did well" on kibble. But only on raw could we see how she was meant to thrive :). And I'm happy to report that she's still on a raw diet even though I don't live with my mom. She'll be raw for life.

Sophie, Bambi, and Rumba (all raw fed) on my lap:

IMG_1105b_1024x768-1_zpsb6af4554.jpg

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, Jordann and 1 other like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I love this story!!! I can't see why people could continue feeding kibble after this testament. 

• naturalfeddogs likes this

Rambo's Mum

Rambo's Mum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I love this story!!! I can't see why people could continue feeding kibble after this testament. 

People feed kibble because it's convenient, nothing else.

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

soho

soho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My Chihuahua's name is Bambi and my daughter's Sophie, and I just joined and posted under Soho,...I love this story...my chi isn't touching raw chicken and I started raw four days ago. Meat bones she loves, though. I'm searing the meat and gizzards, and grinding cartilage, ..but this can't go on forever. I think I will be having to do semi raw for a while. I'm also worried about meat raw, especially chicken raw ...how these animals are fed antibios and tortured must impact the health of the meat !

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

You and me both!

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

And lack of education on nutrition.

• Prey Model Raw and weaksause like this

weaksause

weaksause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
There are three dogs who are very happy you exist to care for them, swolek

Also there is the idea that prey model diet would be leaving out a lot of nutrients and variety the dogs need, and to include them is overwhelming. The prospect of inadequate nutrition is what kept me feeding kibble to my best friend. I am happy there are resources to educate me otherwise.

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO