Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Texas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bi-Gullygoats

Bi-Gullygoats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I have 3 Great Pyrenees, 2 Anatolian Shepherds and a rescue German Shepherd/ Corgi mix.  The Great Pyrs and Anatolians are livestock guardian dogs for my 27 Nigerian Dwarf Dairy goats.  I have just started almost 2 weeks ago feeding a raw diet to the 3 Pyrenees.  I started with just the three of them so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed in figuring it all out.  Two of my Pyrenees are brother and sister and they have had so many problems with itchiness and countless ear infections the last couple of years.  After trying numerous grain free limited ingredient kibble food for them and still having a lot of itchiness with that I decided to make the switch.  Plus their dog food was costing me well over $200 per month for just the three of them.  Danny, my male Pyr, had an awful yeast infection over his entire body along with a nasty ear infection in both ears last year and I asked my vet about what she thought about a raw diet for them.  She didn't like it at all and so I left trusting her opinion.  The raw diet idea just kept nagging at me so I began to research it and decided that it was worth a try to make the switch.

They both got rash like hives on their bellies and behind their front legs after I switched and figured it was due to possible detox.  After finding this group I read a post by someone with a link to a vet on you tube who suggested a combination of water, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for skin problems like that and it seems to have really helped.  They are still itchy but am hoping with some time that will begin to decrease.  No ear infections (yay).  So far no constipation, diarrhea or vomiting.  And their poop, oh my gosh, has been so easy to clean up. 

Thanks for having me.  I have posted a picture of Sally and her favorite best friend goat, Miss Kay.

Elizabeth

Attached Files

• Prey Model Raw, Pixel and Jordann like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! I love the picture! 

• Prey Model Raw likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Welcome to pmr!!! I love your story and your dogs!

Keep us posted every step of the way!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Can't wait to hear how well they do!

Welcome to the forum! There are many helpful and supportive people here! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO