Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I won't be getting my Dane until mid June but have started researching for the past year and a half now. I'm going to have my baby started on the raw diet right away. I love this forum and can't wait to keep learning more from everyone here!!
  • Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Welcome, welcome!

My boys have only been on PMR for just over 2 months, but there is SOOOOOOOO much helpful information here, from the articles written, to the members who have lots of advice to help you out.

Yay, another Dane!! Do you know what color you're getting, or are they even born yet? lol Can't wait to see pictures!

I found it very helpful to read through the previous posts, as well. People have questions that you won't even think of until you've started feeding. :)

If you follow Natalie's getting started guide, you should have a very easy time! Know your dog, and don't rush into the next protein, until they (and their poops!) show they are ready. You will have lots of support here. Welcome to the family! :)

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I'm getting a blue Dane. I guess I'm still learning more about the PMR diet and I've already been in touch with some local butcher shops and one has emailed me back that a lot people feed raw and get meat from them. A 40# case of chicken backs is what they usually order for customers @ around $1 something per lb? Does that sound correct? Anyways, I'm excited about this diet! I've heard nothing but wonderful things and have breeder friends who feed their dogs raw as well. I'll keep learning, and will def, post up pics as soon as I get that baby home!!!

This forum is way better than other ones I've been lurking on. Everyone here is very nice!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Welcome to PMR!!! Congrats on the new Baby Dane! That is really exciting. We've raised three Dane babies on raw and I wouldn't ever go back to kibble. We are actually expecting our first raw fed litter here in about 3 weeks :)

Ask any and all questions, that's the best way to learn! 

• m_ly likes this

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thank you!! I'm just counting down the weeks which seem forever and I can't really buy much yet since I'm in the process of moving.

Off topic but, how do I "like" a reply or a post on here? I'm on my iphone currently and it's not giving me any options to do so.
  • Prey Model Raw likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Congrats on the soon to be baby!  :thumbsu:

swolek

swolek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Welcome! I'm currently raising a puppy on raw and wouldn't have it any other way! My other animals started raw as adults.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO