Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Trying To Introduce A New Dog In The Pack

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Thanks, guys! They're hilarious, they were doing zoomies together on the bed this afternoon. Thankfully, it's warmed up a lot, so we've been taking them out a lot more. I also now get free bags of chicken scraps and necks from Tyler, Kat's boyfriend (who we adopted Snorf from) who works at a BBQ chicken place 5 min away from our apartment. Now I only have to worry about sourcing turkey and beef and pork. He can bring me several shopping bags a week. This is so awesome!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
That's great! Save a dog, AND get free food!
  • TottMetejok and Vephewaystype like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Right? I scored. They also just took Shane's spot on the couch (we're about to watch some Archer, ahaha). Both are snoring, it is awesome.

I've been feeding them the chicken scraps the last few days because they both had a little bit of cannon butt from beef heart for 3 meals in a row (it was ALL I had, unfortunately, and it was Easter Sunday), and they're both back on track. Took them for a nice long walk, then they wrestled on the bed and couch when they got home and now they're both sleeping. I love this!

• Jordann and Vephewaystype like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

It's also been fun walking them together now that the weather is better. It was a little colder today, but hopefully it'll warm up again soon. We get a LOT of attention with those two! :D

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I asked hubby if he wanted to give the baby a middle name of Mallory ... He said hell no. lol

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Aww, but Mallory is awesome, hahaha. 

And now I have TWO pugs who bark at other dogs on t.v. Gimli also barks for the Game of Thrones theme, which used to be my phone ringtone ahaha. Barky little brats!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
That's hilarious! Tank howls with sirens (on tv, a phone, or in real life), and barks when the neighbors get home late and are noisy. Calvin barks (screams) when he trees raccoons and possums. Other than that, they are pretty quiet. It's weird.
  • GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Ahahaha, he screams? That's hilarious!

Gim and Snorf both bark at people walking by in the hallway outside our apartment, at the tv, at my phone ringing and when they're chasing each other through the apartment. Otherwise, just random snorting or snoring, LOL

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
The first few times he would tree something, it was a bark mixed with a scream, like something was beating the crap out of him. Out I ran with my dowel from the door and heavy maglight, to see what I needed to beat off of Calvin. I went out to find him standing on the tree, doing that screaming bs. He was quite proud of himself. Tank isn't the brightest and isnt sure what he needs to do, so he will watch for a while, then prance around behind Calvin, then will watch for longer and prance again. It is comical now ... At 2-4 am, I get quite pissed off. He always picks a tree where the vermin are stuck, because their only way out of the tree is down to Calvin, other trees they can climb through them and get down in a neighbor's yard.

Calvin almost jumped a neighbor's 6 foot fence, trying to get two raccoons who thought it would be fun to walk along the top of the fence. I hate raccoons and oppossums anymore. lol
  • GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Hahaha, your boys sound hilarious. Snorf started randomly barking at nothing in the alley, and his bark is so cute that I started laughing. He seems to charm everyone, too. Gimli is not nearly as good as he is with strangers. Snorf will jump up and give kisses, Gimli hides behind me and barks.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Maybe Snorf will help Gim come out of his shell on walks! It sure worked for Calvin, especially when I walked them on a coupler. Calvin had no choice but to go up to people. lol
  • GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Maybe Snorf will help Gim come out of his shell on walks! It sure worked for Calvin, especially when I walked them on a coupler. Calvin had no choice but to go up to people. lol

Yeah, I thought about getting one of those coupler-type leashes. That or a leash for Gim that says Caution! or "Shy dog". He's getting better, but strange men tend to freak him out for some reason.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Tank is very judgemental of strangers when I'm pregnant.

Out here they have been posting a bunch of flyers about tying a yellow ribbon on a dog's leash, or using a yellow leash, if your dog is shy or aggressive so people know to stay away. Not sure if it has caught on yet, though.

The coupler was nice, but I like separate leashes, so I can correct the dog who is being naughty, if need be. :)

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I think I've only seen ONE dog in Toronto who had a yellow ribbon tied on his leash. I'm glad I already knew what it was, so I gave him space. I think Gim would be even worse if I was pregnant, too. He is sooo protective, even of Shane. He will bark until the perceived threat has ambled away. Otherwise, he continues with a low growl. I hate to see the person who breaks in my apartment. He may be a smaller guy at 39 lbs, but he will eff you up, hahaha

• Jordann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO