Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bouviers

- - - - - bad gas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

srhannah

srhannah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've read that Bouviers are considered "the old men of the dog world".  My two, who went raw about 5 months ago are just shy of twelve and a half.  My two are sisters and each went through their own detox with raw.  They are definitely stronger and more agile now but their digestive tracts are not for the weak of heart.  Can anyone tell me if this outrageous gas is a breed thing or should it improve with feeding raw?

Thank you.

• Deroypini likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Welcome! What have you been feeding lately?

srhannah

srhannah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

We alternate with fresh eggs, ground beef, ground turkey, chicken feet, chicken necks, and turkey necks.  I also will add some canned pumpkin.  Their gas really does not seem to matter much regardless of what I feed.  I used to feed Blue Buffalo kibble.  They don't have any other bowel issues or any other health issues other than being a bit stiff.  I add MSM and Vitamin to one of the sisters and probiotics and enzymes at certain times. 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Maybe cut the ground meat out and see if that makes a difference. Ground meats harbor more bacteria that whole meats, which can cause gas.

PawsUp

PawsUp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Lol! For what it's worth, my Bouvier can clear a room faster than screaming fire! I've read that it's a breed thing although I was hoping that going raw would help. Just 5 days in though, so just thought I'd share that your bouvs are not alone in assaulting the senses!
  • holycrapaiofe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO