Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tank And Calvin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Wow! It has been 3 months already, of being on PMR! Crazy how fast time is flying! Guess its time to update pictures of the boys. They have both lost weight ... As of 2 weeks ago, Tank was down to 80.8 lbs and Calvin was down to 64.8 pounds. Want Calvin to gain a couple pounds, but he's not lost any energy or spunk, so he's not doing too bad. :) Guess I'm just used to Tank ... They are not comparable in body types. lol

Tank
15462a76bf46378d537a12aaaec9106b.jpg
407753c2a4dd194c1c28f6442a5b5625.jpg

Calvin
5748df6ee2eaa297b63fc74b7a9de03f.jpg
e66c7710d436fff899f2cc521edd8caa.jpg

They are eating turkey backs in the picture ... Got a piece of breast meat, to add some more meat into the mix. :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Here are pictures of them, a few days before starting ... Not sure why I didn't get side shots of them. lol

Tank
2e0095775dc871bf042999a8c081af40.jpg

Calvin
53e1a5f6cc46aece30bd58040b9976b8.jpg

Bi-Gullygoats

Bi-Gullygoats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Look how shiny their coats have become.  They look so soft.  Very, very handsome boys!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Thank you! :) My favorite part of the switch is the fact that Calvin hasn't had diarrhea since we started. He literally firmed up from day one. On kibble he would have diarrhea at least twice a week, it seemed like. Even introducing organs didn't loosen him up.

The muscle tone seems to have gotten better, even with the lack of walking as of late. Cannot stress how amazing this diet is, and I tell EVERYONE! lol

Yes, Calvin who used to be like straw has gotten softer, not nearly as soft as Tank, but for Calvin he is like velvet now. lol
  • Bi-Gullygoats likes this

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

What breed/mix are your boys if you know?  They both have such pretty coloring (manly coloring lol?).  I love black/tan dogs. 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
We got Tank from craigslist, and the people who had him also had his brother and sister. Their mom was a "little black stray" who had a litter of 8 puppies under a neighbor's porch. They took mama to the pound and gave the 1 day old litter to the people who we got Tank from ... Explains his issues. lol Anyways, his mom passed a Rottweiler breeding kennel, and there was an intact Rottweiler, an intact Australian Shepherd, and some other intact dog (don't remember what he was) that could have also been Tank's dad ... To me, he looks like he has German Shepherd or Rottie in him, but his head was almost identical to a purebred Australian Shepherd.

Calvin I found on the side of the road ... He for sure has hound in him, but other than that I have no clue. His butt is higher than his front, which makes me laugh. My father in law swears Calvin has some Treeing Walker Coonhound in him, but I thought they were taller than Calvin ...

So, I'm not quite sure what they are mixed with. It's funny I ended up with two similarly marked dogs, from such different areas. They get along great, so to avoid fights with old folks, I say they are brothers ... It's just easier. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO