Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Ma

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rottie81

Rottie81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for allowing me to join your wonderful forum.

My name's Donna and I live south of Boston in the South Shore area. I have 5 dogs now on RAW, an almost 10 yr old Min Pin (Peanut), and 4 adult Rottweilers 2 siblings - 2 yrs old (Ziara and Ziggy), 5 yr old Rescue (Tyson) and my latest addition 6 yr old Anja.  I'll hopefully be adding a new pup to the pack in a few months should my males upcoming breeding be a success. 

When I switched to raw the beginning of the year I did so without adding one protein at a time as suggested in your link.  I acquired my 6 yr old from her Breeder when she was returned and she had always been fed raw as she couldn't tolerate kibble of any kind.  I decided then to switch all of mine to raw.  I did get great support from my latest girl's Breeder and also from friends who are raw feeders.  But there always seems to be those few questions that have to be addressed. 

I have to admit I was a bit intimidated with making sure everything's balanced and when the pup arrives, I know the real stress will hit me and I'll most likely be living on this site making sure I get everything right.

I'm looking forward to learning and also sharing with all of you!

ZIGGY

Attached File  ziggy9.2013.jpg   245.76KB   0 downloads

ZIARA

Attached File  ZIARA MRC 2013.jpg   182.27KB   0 downloads

ANJA

Attached File  ANJA.jpg   56.04KB   0 downloads

TYSON

Attached File  TYSON.jpg   54.73KB   0 downloads

PEANUT

Attached File  15292_391326538702_7030773_n.jpg   17.35KB   0 downloads

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
What a beautiful crew!!

Welcome to the board! We are here to answer any questions you may have. Natalie (Prey Model Raw) currently has a 2 week old litter of Danes she is dealing with (12 puppies!) so she isn't on as much as normal, but she'll be able to help you with puppy feeding questions. There are many knowledgeable folks on here, so your questions won't go unanswered. :)
  • Rottie81 likes this

GoingPostal

GoingPostal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Welcome to the forum.  I love Rottweilers and black and tan dogs in general so your pack is awesome.  The guide to starting raw is just designed to set dogs and people up for success, some dogs have far more sensitive stomachs.  My younger two were eating boneless meat and all sorts of different proteins and only had a couple days of chicken first but they have iron guts!  Any questions feel free to ask. 

• Rottie81 likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Welcome! Sorry for the delay in membership- sometimes the validation email gets lost in cyberspace!

Read up all the articles here, ask all the questions you need and I am very confident that your puppy will be happy and healthy!

Rottie81

Rottie81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you for the warm welcome.  Congrats on your new litter Natalie.  For me, I enjoy having males and have the Stud Dog.  Not saying in the future I wouldn't take on a female to breed but for right now, I'll stick to the males and leave the whelping box for when I'm at a place I can dedicate the time for it.  Just to add I am doing this with the utmost responsibility in breeding and ONLY breed to females who have passing CHIC's as I also have the same for my boy.  I also do Thyroid and DNA for the long coat which he cleared, along with the dentition which also passed.  We're now working on our end titles which is a task since the only week day I have off is a Monday and I work the 3-11 shift.  As my luck would have it, all the classes I would need are usually either in the afternoon or early evenings.  So working the eveing shift Tues-Sat is difficult.  I have put in for the 11p-7a shift but that could take quite some time.

We did the Brucellosis test today in preparation for our breeding this coming week.  Keeping fingers crossed all goes well as we're going to need at least 10 puppies to touch the waiting list for this litter and even with 10 puppies that won't cover all on the waiting list with some on it for 2 yrs.  Never a dull moment around here.  :P

• Prey Model Raw and GoingPostal like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Beautiful dogs!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

That's so great Donna! It's awesome to have another responsible raw feeding breeder on here....even if you do only have the STUDS! And they're really handsome studs :)

• Rottie81 likes this

Rottie81

Rottie81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you Natalie.  I presently have the one Stud, Ziggy, but hopefully his kid from this upcoming breeding will have some big shoes to fill.  A good friend of mine will be getting a female and will also be feeding raw, so I'm very pleased with that.  It will be her 1st pup from a COE Breeder so I told her I will pay half of all her health testing for OFA as it's just important as the Stud owner to know what my dog is throwing.

• Prey Model Raw likes this

Rottie81

Rottie81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

What a beautiful crew!!

Welcome to the board! We are here to answer any questions you may have. Natalie (Prey Model Raw) currently has a 2 week old litter of Danes she is dealing with (12 puppies!) so she isn't on as much as normal, but she'll be able to help you with puppy feeding questions. There are many knowledgeable folks on here, so your questions won't go unanswered. :)

OMGosh if I had 12 Rottweiler puppies, I would surely IMPLODE!!!!

• Prey Model Raw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO