Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Typical Bagging Night..

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Start off with dumping my chicken quarters into the sink, so I can sort them by size and cut the pieces that are connected still..

1175269_635900396469932_1444634376_n.jpg

Then I start bagging, I dont use those ziplock bags.. did for a little bit but honestly f that and all that washing of bags! Id rather use the grocery store bags and toss them when I am done. 
I bag the meals with added meats and organs, and have them organized by size and whats in them. Some are larger than average and have nothing but a quarter in it, some are smaller and have beef hunks and organs added. I feed according to what they did that day, work a little harder one day and they get the larger meal, less that day and they get the smaller meals etc. Aside from whats in the bags, I add in some fish, oils, and eggs..

557990_635900393136599_993773151_n.jpg

Most of the time the dogs are fed frozen so they dont gulp. The blue mutt can eat that small meal in .5 seconds. It only takes him a minute if its frozen. 

This meal is a quarter, beef fat, beef kidney, and an egg..

539700_635900376469934_460726818_n.jpg

Generally what the freezer looks like.. only 30lbs of chicken quarters with extras bagged. Some snake food in there as well lol

995467_635900379803267_943154798_n.jpg

Blue mutt being happy he gets to eat finally

1176327_635900346469937_2019736499_n.jpg

Prancing 

282938_635900313136607_521809861_n.jpg

Some more prancing 

1148843_635900316469940_798468177_n.jpg

Now some random pictures.. 

This one is of a half assed "gorge" meal.. the quarters were so small they got 2 1/2 each and still didnt look full!

148581_623367964389842_502753024_n.jpg

What one of our typical meals looks like, we use chicken as a base and add in around that. Alternating organs from beef, chicken and pork. 

600477_609235262469779_1135551633_n.jpg

How the meals normally look, fresh from the freezer with some oil and eggs added

1010700_607691082624197_1373936614_n.jpg

The BF's dog, Turbo.. Very excited about his dinner lol 

1001832_607691085957530_865032837_n.jpg

Bear crying over his dinner lol

1016658_595727543820551_1499306185_n.jpg

All in all, I am very happy with the way my dog looks on this diet. He has zero issues, which is a big deal since he is a CL blue dog. 

The BF's dog has improved a ton. He has excellent skin, coat and poo. His teeth are pearly and white at the age of 6 and he digs his dinners. :)

The mutt, almost 3 years raw fed

1005333_630781823648456_1748564382_n.jpg

Turbo, 6 years old, raw fed since Jan of this year

1017086_629029707157001_2019409718_n.jpg

A shot of his teeth, even though he wore them down in his younger years you can still see how nice and white they are now

1002493_632327586827213_1459044343_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• jdatwood, RescueDogs, BeagleCountry and 2 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

This is great! I love that you use old grocery bags. I know that ziplocs are expensive and don't last long...but grocery bags are free! 

The Mutt looks great. Lots of lean muscle and beautiful hair coat. 

Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Yea I tried the ziplocs for a while and just hated it lol 

They both have fantastic teeth and coats, so shiny I cant use the flash on the camera without ruining the picture lol

• GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

1005333_630781823648456_1748564382_n.jpg

Oso, are you Mod 7 on Keep the Bull Breed Free page on FB? I have seen that Blue Pitt picture before, I remember the asinine comments about him being too thin and taking those turds to task for it. 

By the way, beautiful dogs and nice meals! I've been doing ziplocs and honestly, it IS expensive. I have a buttload of grocery store bags I'll be taking advantage of once I'm done the ziploc (I don't use them for anything else but raw bagging).

• Oso likes this

Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

That would be me, the "asshole" Mod lol, and just for educations and pet peeves sake, he isnt a Pit Bull, he is actually just a mutt dog and could very well have no APBT in him. He looks rather close to some dilute AmStaff I have seen but no real way to know. LOL yes he is always "too skinny" and "the skinniest pit people have ever seen" lol if people would just look at his body next to a starving dog they would see how ridiculous they sound lol, I even post the Document I wrote on "Skinny Dogs" and people still dont get it *sigh*

Same here when I shop I double, triple and sometimes just grab the whole thing of bags LOL but thank you for the kind words on my mutt, :) he exercises almost daily to keep his girlish figure :P

• jdatwood, GimMom and RitaTheDragonslayer like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Haha....I know too well how it is to be labeled the "asshole mod" LOL

I get comments all the time about how skinny my dogs are. At this point I just respond and say "Well, my dogs are skinny compared to your fatties"
  • jdatwood, naturalfeddogs and Iorveth like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

That would be me, the "asshole" Mod lol, and just for educations and pet peeves sake, he isnt a Pit Bull, he is actually just a mutt dog and could very well have no APBT in him. He looks rather close to some dilute AmStaff I have seen but no real way to know. LOL yes he is always "too skinny" and "the skinniest pit people have ever seen" lol if people would just look at his body next to a starving dog they would see how ridiculous they sound lol, I even post the Document I wrote on "Skinny Dogs" and people still dont get it *sigh*
Same here when I shop I double, triple and sometimes just grab the whole thing of bags LOL but thank you for the kind words on my mutt, :) he exercises almost daily to keep his girlish figure :P

God, I remember that comment ridiculousness very well (I'm Deb, I was one of the people telling the others off for the comments). I was actually getting a bit of flack from my bf at first because our Bugg was losing weight (he was a bit portly on kibble), I had to explain that a healthy dog is on the leaner side and more muscular, kibble just fattens them up with all the added crap. He's getting it now. He should be happy, he gets back and shoulder pain, Gimli is now easier to pick up. Your dog has an amazing body, plus I love mutts that have bat ears like his. I'd have to get myself a blue AmStaff with "bat ears", hahaha! Well, when they finally drop the BSL here, anyway.

Natalie, I've been the a-hole mod before, too. Not fun, people seem to take issue with rule enforcement sometimes!
  • jdatwood likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Right, the rules are fantastic when it comes to dealing with other ass-hats but oh, when they apply to you they're unjust and stupid.

/facepalm
  • GimMom likes this

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Nice to see someone using grocery bags too! Ziplocs are way too expensive for my blood and I got over washing them and reusing them.  

Generally our loads come in large trash bins, then we strap the gloves on and dig in!  I am lucky that Drew helps me with out complaining too much so I'm always the one to do the digging and he just holds a bag open :) 

Drewsphotostuff075_zpsc4d93305.jpg

• jdatwood, BeagleCountry and Oso like this

Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

God, I remember that comment ridiculousness very well (I'm Deb, I was one of the people telling the others off for the comments). I was actually getting a bit of flack from my bf at first because our Bugg was losing weight (he was a bit portly on kibble), I had to explain that a healthy dog is on the leaner side and more muscular, kibble just fattens them up with all the added crap. He's getting it now. He should be happy, he gets back and shoulder pain, Gimli is now easier to pick up. Your dog has an amazing body, plus I love mutts that have bat ears like his. I'd have to get myself a blue AmStaff with "bat ears", hahaha! Well, when they finally drop the BSL here, anyway.

Natalie, I've been the a-hole mod before, too. Not fun, people seem to take issue with rule enforcement sometimes!

YEP! Lol I remember you. It takes some people a little while to understand because they have only seen fat or heavy dogs their whole lives. My mother and gma were seriously worried about my dog, until they asked a few questions and I explained it and once they see him run around for hours on end they know he isnt missing a meal lol 

@Sprocket, I am the one who bags the meals, the BF is a bit of a gagger when it comes to funky things so the organs get him LOL I made him smell some cow kidney one time and I thought he was gonna puke on me!

• GimMom likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Yep, I'm another who has a bunch of grocery bags in my freezer. I like it for the bone in stuff that has an odd shape and is too big to fit nicely into a container. 

My dogs are too skinny for most people. The most recent was a "trainer" at Petsmart telling me that Buck looks wormy. Buck is a naturally thin dog like your mutt. People are used to seeing thick coonhounds but Buck is leaner than the dogs you see in the ring. Then Dude is always "too skinny for a Collie" when he's perfect and, frankly, used to be a little chubby when he was on kibble. People hear Collie and think they need to be big and poofy (like the Rough Collie) but people don't realize how lean and narrow they are under all that hair. No one ever really says anything about Iorveth because most people have no idea what he is and don't know what a Xolo should look like.

• GimMom likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
So I have majorly fat ass dogs then. I can only imagine how much weight Tank will lose. I so need to figure out how to get pictures up, so you guys can talk about my fatties, and how I'm abusing them! :P

Your mutt is gorgeous! I have yet to see an ugly dog on here. lol

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Definitely get current weights and ideal/goal weights. Feed according to their ideal weight- not their current weight!

Looking forward to seeing photos!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
The vet in town says they are a fine weight. He also isn't opposed to a raw diet. Thinking I'll just go off of body condition and how their energy levels are. Even when Tank is down to 75, his chest looks like he's over weight, but he is just really barrel chested. I am really happy with how they are now, they can hold their own on walks, without getting crazy tired super fast. Time will tell what they need to do. :) Less weight = less food .... I'll drop them down to 40#! :) (kidding!!)

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Most vets wont give an accurate body condition report because SO many people get offended and hurt by the truth....it's hard for people to not take it personally because a lot of it is based on the care (food) that their owner gives. And sometimes it's like we tell people their dog is overweight and they think that we are telling them they're overweight (which is actually pretty true most of the time too!).

So, most vets have learned that it's easier to avoid the situation and make subtle remarks rather than really getting on owners about their pets weight. 

I have no idea what your dogs look like, and not saying your one of those clients LOL

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
My vet doesn't care if you get offended about what he says. I love it! I'm sure they are overweight ... I know I am! lol The past few times I've gone in to weigh them, he isn't there. The boys are healthy and active though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO