Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hello From Europe

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Hi everyone! My name is Elena, and I have a 7 year-old yellow Labrador Retriever, Cookie. He had been on kibble until 6 months ago, because I (wrongly) thought that kibble is the best diet for dogs.  <_<  However, I was not completely satisfied with any kibble (mainly because I had no idea what I was feeding my dog, no matter how expensive and "good" the ingredients looked on the bag). By guidance of a dear friend and all the useful information I've found on the internet, I took the challenge to try to feed my dog raw. I'm impressed. I'd never go the kibble route ever again.

This is Cookie (recent photos). 

559070_10153034280325300_1016343287_n.jp

308406_10152843936510300_1582052430_n.jp

942567_10152792332920300_1618590329_n.jp

Looking forward to meeting new virtual friends and learning new things! 

:D

• jdatwood, naturalfeddogs and BeagleCountry like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Cookie is freaking gorgeous!! He looks amazing! 

How did you find out about raw feeding? 

Edited by Prey Model Raw, 21 August 2013 - 01:08 PM.
oops...gender!

• jdatwood likes this

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi Nat,

Thank you very much!

I've been a member of a couple of boards in the past years, so I've read about raw feeding there. However, I was reluctant to try. I never really had a good reason to give up on kibble (my dog never had allergies and issues). Eventually I've met a person who fed her dog raw meat, and she was my guide in the beginning. My dog did good on kibble. But he is thriving on raw meat! 

PS. Cookie is a boy  :D

• jdatwood likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Hi Nat,

Thank you very much!

I've been a member of a couple of boards in the past years, so I've read about raw feeding there. However, I was reluctant to try. I never really had a good reason to give up on kibble (my dog never had allergies and issues). Eventually I've met a person who fed her dog raw meat, and she was my guide in the beginning. My dog did good on kibble. But he is thriving on raw meat! 

PS. Cookie is a boy  :D

That's awesome that you saw a difference even when he was doing well on his kibble. That right there will show the true benefit! 

Sorry about my mistake with his gender. I totally just thought that Cookie was a girl because all the dogs I know that are named Cookie are girls! 

HE is one handsome fella <3

• jdatwood likes this

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

I have seen some improvements but I think I'll wait for at least 6 months more and maybe I'll have another success story to tell :) 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Another story, eh?! Is that a hint that a new family member is coming???

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

LOL, no, unfortunately not. I just need more time to see whether Cookie's orthopedic issues (he had some while he was on kibble) will come back, or are gone for good. 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

LOL, no, unfortunately not. I just need more time to see whether Cookie's orthopedic issues (he had some while he was on kibble) will come back, or are gone for good. 

Oh? What kind of OA issues? 

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

A year ago he was diagnosed with mild ED (OCD) in his right elbow. He has been limping on and off, but hasn't limped since April. It's when I started him on raw. I tossed the glucosamine & chondroitine supplements. He now gets g & c in chicken feet and beef tracheas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his elbow won't bother him ever again, but I think 6 months is too early to jump into conclusions, right? 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Yes, there's a good chance he will develop OA in that joint.

Have you thought about doing acupuncture or some kind of polysulfated glycosaminoglycan injectable? It basically will keep healthy cartilage in joints from degenerating. I've been doing adequan injections for my OA girls for years and its helped immensely.

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Nah. Not available in my country. 

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Ah boo....that sucks! Does he like to swim?

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I LOVE that first picture! It looks like it should be in a calendar!

• jdatwood, BeagleCountry and Berna like this

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Ah boo....that sucks! Does he like to swim?

He certainly does! During the warm months he swims all the time. :)

33885_10153034279125300_1133963195_n.jpg

• Prey Model Raw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO