Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Help Me Name My New Puppy!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
I'm getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy in a few weeks and can't decide on a name! It will be a female (one of the little roly polys in the photo, which I can't get to load without turning sideways, sorry). My current dog is named Samson so it should somewhat fit with that name (not Delilah, though!). Any suggestions?

Attached Files

• RichardRes likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Do you know which color ribbon is yours yet? They are too cute!!

I have always loved Cinder (we are a family of fire fighters, so most fire related names we love. lol) Lola is another one I love, def has nothing to do with the Dane we got my junior year of high school. lol

I'll have to think on other names ... Tilly is the only one of our animals I named.
  • RichardRes likes this

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I love Lola!!! I had a cat named Cinder, so that one is taken haha! And we don't know which one is ours yet, since they don't get temperament tests until 7 weeks, but the females are pink, yellow and white collars.
  • RichardRes likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I'm the same way. Once a name is used in my family, it is off limits. :)
  • RichardRes likes this

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Here's what I have so far:

Lola
Ruby
Harlow
Elsie
Indigo
  • RichardRes likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Those are cute! What does your husband think?
  • RichardRes likes this

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
He is equally indecisive lol. Why is this so difficult?!
  • RichardRes likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Oh I know how you feel .... I am due May 28th (dr thinks it'll be next week though) and we still haven't decided on a name for our baby. I have informed my husband we are not leaving the hospital without my baby having a name. I like Lola and Indigo the best. You'll get her and she'll probably end up being named Jane or something. lol

When we got Lola (my parent's current Dane) she didn't have a name for 2 days, but when we chanced upon Lola, all three of us looked at each other and said that's her name! It so fits her, even 8 and a half years later. lol
  • RichardRes likes this

Amanda

Amanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBarry, IL

These are some randoms I like:

Willow

Allie

Eve

Gypsy

Lilly

Roxie

Stella

Ziva

I have a tendency use names from things from nature (flowers & trees), space, spices and colors. Sometimes even in different languages. Also personality will sometimes give the correct name.  ;)

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Ooh, I love Willow and Lilly. And Stella. Thank you!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Good luck picking only one name! :P

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Jordann, I know! I can only imagine naming a human baby! When I got my rescue Papillon in high school, she went 2 weeks without a name. Hopefully, we can avoid that this time around! We are having id tags made in the States (which you can't get here) and my sister is bringing them over when she visits in a couple weeks, so I'd like to have the name picked in time for the ids.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Makare - MA-KAR-EH

Reesa

T'Kai

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Is your puppy close enough, so you guys can go visit and see her personality (once they are tested) and see which name fits her? I can't wait to hear what name she ends up with! :)

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Oooh, Natalie, Makareh is soo pretty! I thought this post would help me narrow it down, haha! Jordann, unfortunately not. We are in Malawi and the puppy is in Johannesburg, South Africa. We considered going to visit her, which is what we did with Samson before he flew from South Africa, but we can't swing the ticket prices this time around.

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Makare - MA-KAR-EH
Reesa
T'Kai

I love love love Reesa, but it's my cousin's name and my name is Alisa, so it could get confusing. In college, I had a roommate named Alicia and my dog was Meisha, and with my name Alisa, it was pretty funny. Whenever I called my dog, my roommate would answer "ya?" from the other room.
  • Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Get to walking, then! :P

How much longer until she comes to you guys?

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Haha! She arrives June 11 by plane, so about 4 more weeks. We are so excited! I've been re reading all my puppy books and figuring out what I'll feed her. Samson loves little creatures so he will be in heaven with her. We are also getting a kitten in 6 weeks...are we crazy? Probably.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Holy cow! You sure are crazy!! :P

Any luck on narrowing down the list? Or has it grown even more? lol

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
We have decided on Roo! It took thinking of all those names to get to Roo lol. We both feel really good about it. Phew! Glad that's over with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO