Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Converting Your Cat To Raw: Bones!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

I figured this would be a good place to share some of my experiences in putting our kitten on full raw. He wasn't taking very well to bone, then someone told me to give him chicken ribs.

Chicken ribs?! Never heard of such a thing O.O

Yup, that's right. Chicken Ribs. They're very small and 1 or 2 ribs should get your kitty into accepting bones. Get a whole chicken and hack it apart yourself. Separate the sections of the chicken; quarters, wings, breast and back. Once you're left with the back, locate the spine. You'll see the ribs attached to it. The spine is easy to cut with a sharp knife. You can cut the ribs off the spine or cut the spine by sections of 2 ribs and then split the spine in half.

Your resulting pieces will be meaty and have small bones hidden inside them. I recommend offering when your kitty is most hungry. For Oliver, it was the morning time. He took to it right away and after a few of these pieces, he was interested in crunching down on other bones. YIPPE!

Good Luck with your kitties!

• Jordann, Ronaldceaw and Gemma2015 like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
So glad Oliver had switched so eagerly! Thank you for sharing!
  • SuperPug likes this

holycrapaiofe

holycrapaiofe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Chicken ribs! GENIUS! Our cat is pretty feral, but I supplement her food and this is a fantastic idea.

Thank you!!!

• SuperPug likes this

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

You're welcome! Hope your kitty takes to it :)

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
I will definitely be trying this out with my kitten (who we've decided to name Scout!) when I get her :) Thanks for sharing!
  • SuperPug likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Glad you got a name for your kitten! Easier than Roo's name, I take it? :)

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi

Glad you got a name for your kitten! Easier than Roo's name, I take it? :)

Yes, haha! I've always loved the name Scout for a cat and it's from one of my favorite books, To Kill A Mockingbird. Muuuuch easier than the puppy :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO