Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I'm Back!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Hey guys....I fell of the face of the Internet there for a coupla weeks....besides my Facebook account. Puppies, my big dogs, puppies, puppy people, puppies, work, training, puppies, puppy people, my big dogs, puppies, cleaning, guests, family visiting puppies, work, training, my big dogs, the fish tank, puppies, etc, etc, etc has kept me so busy that I hardly have time to sleep. 

Hopefully my life will slow down some in the next few weeks once all the puppies go to their new homes. Last one goes on Tuesday! They've gotten SO FREAKING BIG!

Here's a few pictures: 

10349148_10152483758934903_4207810615967

10298412_10152579697840934_7438324613741

10296564_10152555357285934_6130098215370

What have I missed lately? What's new???

• GimMom, Erica and RichardRes like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

HOLY CRAP!!!!! They are huge and beautiful!  :startle:

• lovemypits, GimMom and RichardRes like this

holycrapaiofe

holycrapaiofe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh. My. God. Suddenly I am experiencing this "puppy fever". WHY ARE THEY SO ADORABLE?
  • Erica and RichardRes like this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

HAhhaha @ Liz, my heart just melted this certainly isn't helping my puppy fever neither! Absolutely in love with all of them and their oversized paws <3

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Thanks guys! We have two left to go to their new homes, one today and one on Friday next week. It's been one helluva whirlwind! So much fun but so exhausting!
  • naturalfeddogs likes this

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
I can't get over that pile of puppies! Unbelievably cute! Congrats on making it through, I can't imagine how much work goes into that. Glad to see you back on the forum :) This month is going to be crazy, as we are getting our new RR puppy and a kitten. Samson is doing great on raw, I've transitioned to one nighttime meal a day amd we have introduced quail, goat and duck. We are also going on safari in Zambia... I can't wait to see wild animals in their natural environment!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Natalie, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Does baby girl have a name yet? I bet the girls will be happy to have only one puppy to worry about.

What's new here? I can see my feet again! Had the baby last Monday. He's a monster! Was 9 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches .... Was born after 4 minutes of active pushing (9 minutes of feeling like I needed to push). Boys are still doing great on raw. This month will be 6 months! Can't believe how fast time has flown by! My in-laws are starting to get trained to save any meat/organs for the boys. :)

So glad you are back and happy everyone has a home! :)
  • naturalfeddogs and GimMom like this

holycrapaiofe

holycrapaiofe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

What's new here? I can see my feet again! Had the baby last Monday. He's a monster! Was 9 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches ....

Aww, congratulations!!! And holy cow, 9 lbs! And almost 2 feet long!! That is quite the kid! You're going to have your hands full!! :D
  • GimMom likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Congratulations on your new baby Jordann!! That seems fast for a delivery....lucky you!

Her name is Quinn! Seems perfect huh?
  • GimMom likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Quinn, I love it!

Yeah, the nurse was getting frustrated because the dr wasn't coming fast enough. She kept calling saying where are you? She wants to push .... Where are you, she's pushing. lol It's hard not to push when baby drops and is ready to come into the world. lol

How old are the babies now? Doesn't seem like they should be more than 4 weeks old (I know they're way over that), but it also doesn't seem like the boys have been on raw for almost 6 months either! lol

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

They're turning 11 weeks old this week....hard to believe! 

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
That's not ok! Time flew by!

How are you guys doing with the lack of puppies in the house?

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

It's bittersweet. I loved having all of them so much, but after they've all settled into their new homes, I've so enjoyed getting back to regular life as well as enjoying JUST little Quinn. Now I can just focus on her now, which is nice! 

• naturalfeddogs, GimMom and Jordann like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Welcome back, Natalie (sorry, late to the thread as I haven't been around much either :P )! I loved watching those little monsters grow on FB!

Natalie, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Does baby girl have a name yet? I bet the girls will be happy to have only one puppy to worry about.

What's new here? I can see my feet again! Had the baby last Monday. He's a monster! Was 9 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches .... Was born after 4 minutes of active pushing (9 minutes of feeling like I needed to push). Boys are still doing great on raw. This month will be 6 months! Can't believe how fast time has flown by! My in-laws are starting to get trained to save any meat/organs for the boys. :)

So glad you are back and happy everyone has a home! :)

Congrats! That's HUGE baby right there! I did the same to my mom, I was 11lbs when I was born. I hope my first isn't that huge!

• Jordann likes this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Okay so... This is the first time I have seen a picture (I can only see the second one) and I sat here saying, "Oh, if I could have, I'd have taken THAT one... And that one... And that one..." Until I realized I'd be taking home a whole litter of puppies... 

Such a variety. I LOVE the giant ears on the one on the far left but I love the head on the one on the far right. Then I love the black splotch on the face of the merle. Hands down I'd take the harlequin but I'm assuming that's Quinn so poo to your choice obstructing my fantasy puppy claiming. I am just so torn between a Dane or another Xolo for my next dog. It's been the choice I've been stuck on ever since we got Iorveth. There really hasn't been another breed to come up and get in the way for the past two years. iorveth has just been so incredible that I feel like no other breed can compare to my desire for another one or for a Dane. 

In all honesty, puppy fever hasn't hit me hard at all since I got Iorveth. When Buck was 8 months old, I had such bad puppy fever that we ended up with a third dog within a year. Iorveth turned 2 in November and I just don't have that maddening puppy fever. I am just so satisfied with him, you know? I think part of it is knowing that we just can't right now so I don't LET myself desperately want another one. I know puppy fever will hit me hard when Dude's gone or when we move to property of our own, whichever comes first. Hopefully, Dude will live to see us buy property of our own. 

Regardless, I can't walk past a Dane without asking the owner if I can say hi. It just has yet to happen. They seem to like me too. We were at the park one day when multiple Dane owners brought their dogs and they all ended up with me. I was in heaven. I thought of you guys and Lindsey and thought about how you guys find yourselves surrounded by Danes like that on a daily basis. It was fabulous. Of course, I'm only 4'11 so they seem absolutely enormous to me. I almost feel like I could climb onto one's back and ride it into battle!

*I don't condone climbing onto any dog's back nor riding dogs into battle :P

• Jordann likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Far left is Elroy and far right is Flash. It's crazy but I recognize their adult faces in their puppy faces!

I vote you get a dane- maybe even a Quinn baby Dane!

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

You KNOW how much I'd love a Quinn baby. I wish I could have had a pup from this litter but the time just isn't right yet. 

I think I feel about Xolos the same way you feel about Danes. DH and I have talked about how happy we could be with a house full of naked dogs. I think we'll always have a multi-breed household but I can definitely see us being like you guys with the Danes but with Xolos instead. Of course, I have yet to have a Dane so maybe we'll end up with a half Dane, half Xolo pack!

I really am excited for the day I do finally get to bring a Dane home. I'm just sad it's taking longer than I had initially hoped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO