Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Lako Eating Raw For The First Time.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PoukieBear

PoukieBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

So I started my German Shepherd on raw two days ago.  This is him trying to figure it out for the first time.  He's getting chicken necks in this video.

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, GimMom and 3 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Sure beats the pants off of eating kibble huh?!
  • GimMom likes this

PoukieBear

PoukieBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It sure does !

I can't wait to see the changes in him over the next couple of months.

• Prey Model Raw, GimMom and Jordann like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
He is gorgeous!

He looks like he's a good chewer! Did he go for the food faster last night and today?

Keep us posted on his progress! :)
  • GimMom likes this

PoukieBear

PoukieBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

He was really excited to eat this morning!  He's never been excited at meal times, and sometimes we'd have to encourage him to eat all his kibble. 

He's loving the RAW so far.  And so am I !

His poops are tiny compared to before, and they don't smell.  I swear, his old poop could be bottled up and used as a nuclear weapon!  

He's thrown up once, but that was because after his breakfast yesterday, he decided to follow it up with dessert....which happened to be a vanilla scented candle.   :startle:   

• naturalfeddogs and GimMom like this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
My boys still get crazy excited when they see the container I keep their meat in. Makes us feel good, seeing how happy they are and how well they are doing!

Lol, a candle ... At least his poop will smell good, if he digested some. :P
  • GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

He was really excited to eat this morning!  He's never been excited at meal times, and sometimes we'd have to encourage him to eat all his kibble. 

He's loving the RAW so far.  And so am I !

His poops are tiny compared to before, and they don't smell.  I swear, his old poop could be bottled up and used as a nuclear weapon!  

He's thrown up once, but that was because after his breakfast yesterday, he decided to follow it up with dessert....which happened to be a vanilla scented candle.   :startle:   

These are all the things I noticed during the transition with my older mixed breed. His allergies also cleared up! :) It's a great diet, even my vet supports it (mostly because of how it's benefited them).

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

caninemomma

caninemomma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDunnellon, Fl

You are so lucky that he was not a 'gulper' that first time.  My little basenji swallowed the whole chicken neck and there I was watching him and freaking out!  He only gets turkey necks cause he can't gulp! your GSD is beautiful!  glad he did the transition well.  I know what you mean about them getting excited at mealtimes! 

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Old thread, but I had to comment. 

My, oh my, is Lako gorgeous! I am very fond of the darker GSDs (sable, I believe it is called in this breed? I am not terribly familiar with my GSD colors). I don't normally care for so much solid brown on the lower half of the face and chest but oh, Lordy, I could stare at this dog all day. 

He looks like such a nice boy too. My Collie was a nice chewer and always gentle with his meals like this guy is in the video. He'd share too, just like that :)

For some reason though, he reminds me of my youngest... I can't put my finger on why though since my youngest is 60 lbs and totally hairless. 

I also think it's hilarious how people can feel so differently about the sound. I used to get squeamish over touching raw chicken but now the only thing that still gets me is eyeballs and watching the toes curl on chicken feet when dogs crunch them. I can tell where my dogs are in a meal just by the sound of the crunch, especially if it's a whole bird. Ha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO