Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Poop

Best Answer Prey Model Raw , 17 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

You can definitely add in new proteins if she's doing well. Take things slow.

Eventually you can mix proteins in each meal, it's just not a good idea in the beginning because if she gets an upset tummy, then you may not know what caused it. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
How often should a puppy be pooping on raw? I fed her a chicken wing/ drummie this morning at 7am and again at noon...still no bowel movement...

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Oh last night she pooped at 5pm then at 5am this morning as well. Fed her first raw meal at 8 PM last evening.

bearinski

bearinski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I started this past saturday and have noticed poop frequency has decreased noticeably.  Qquantity per poop has decreased alot as well.  Its very nice!

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
She hasn't pooped at all today.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
My boys poop 1-2 times a day, but they are 6 and 7 years old and only eat once a day. I'm not sure what you would expect from a puppy, but the puppy folks will be on to answer as soon as they can!

Is she acting normal? (side note- didn't realize you were getting her already!!)

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I only have her for a few days then she will be gone for a few days then coming back... lol...her breeder had her on half kibble and half raw. Her first bm was hard and solid and a lot! Tonight my bf took her out and she pooped! I called it, bc she was making circles lol...he said it was solid but when he picked it up it was gooey...gonna wait until tomorrow to see how it looks and if it seems like diarrhea I'll add a chicken back to the meal.

I just want to say thank you! All of you, Jordann and Natalie especially for always being on top of answering questions and being supportive!

Picked up my first free haul of meet- liver, deer, chicken, and pork. All of that will be sitting in the freezer for awhile lol
  • Prey Model Raw and GimMom like this

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Oh and I plan to feed all PMR none of that half and half stuff lol

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Ok I spoke too soon- took her out and she tried pooping twice- nothing but two long clean colored slimed came out. I feel horrible!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Don't feel horrible. It could just be the change from the breeder's house to yours, and the change in overall diet. Stress/change can do it alone. 

Start back out feeding nothing but bone in chicken with all skin and fat removed for a few days. Once she's back on solid stools start adding meats back in. 

Have you taken her to your vet for a well check yet? Do you know when the last time she was vaccinated or dewormed? 

• GimMom likes this

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
First vaccine on Saturday. 2nd distemper on the 24th. She was vet checked on Wednesday. All healthy except an umbilical hernia. She's pooping so that's all I care about now. But I'm worried bc I'm in an apartment and there's dogs everywhere! Tried to find the cleanest patch of grass to take her on. /(

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Infectious diseases are everywhere, no matter where you live or how well you "avoid" dirty areas. Chances are she's already been exposed to parvo and distemper but has adequate immunity to them from her mother. 

How old was she when she was vaccinated? And did she nurse adequately as a newborn puppy? 

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Natalie, thank you for answering my swallowing chicken wing whole question the other night lol. Today is day four on raw and we have firm stool! Yayyyyyy! Not hard, but formed... but also not liquid/gooey like the past three days.

She weights about 13 lbs. I'm not weighing what I feed. I've been giving her 1 wing and 1 drummie three times a day but they are obviously too small for her. Her mom weights 140 and dad is 180...I'm thinking she will be between 120-130 as an adult. Do you think I can start with leg quarters yet? And of she doesn't finish save it for the next feeding? I just don't know if I'm feeding enough or too little.

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
*weighs

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I would cut the leg quarters into thighs and drummies and feed those for a few days to ease her into larger meals. Are you still taking all the skin and fat off? 

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yes still taking all fat and skin off. I cut the quarter into thighs and drummies. She had the thigh this morning and will have a drummie this afternoon and vice versa for dinner. When should I start leaving more skin and fat?

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Oh and, all firm stool starting yesterday!!!!!!
  • Prey Model Raw and GimMom like this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Yayy! So glad to hear! :)

I started adding it in verrrrrrry slowly after having a couple days worth of good solid poops. When trimming, say a leg quarter I left a little bit more and more starting on the bony leg part

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I already skinned 6 leg quarters since she's going back to the breeders for a week. I will start with fat next week when she comes back.
  • GimMom likes this

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
She's been peeing all over my house today, even after going outside. Small amounts. Poop still normal. Idk maybe UTI? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh I just took her to the vet for a swollen paw as well. I wanna pull my hair out!

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

You may just have a stubborn one, and she is only a very young puppy so they forget that they have to pee and just go on the spot. In my family's experience for some reason the girls were always the tougher ones to housebreak, especially teaching them that when they GO OUTSIDE they have to pee lol

The joys of puppyhood :P Just be consistent with teaching where to pee and how you're gonna teach her to let you know when she needs to go and take out every hour or two and after meals, naps, playtime etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO