Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Runny Eyes/allergies?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
Our trainer made a comment about Max's runny, red eyes and asked if he had allergies to something and I just said it's most likely seasonal/outside allergies but have noticed that when wiping his eyes the stuff has a slight brownish/reddish tint...

It's obviously not hurting him because he doesn't scratch his eyes but then again it's not like he can ...although he does rub his face into ALOT of things as if to try and scratch his eyes??

Is there anything besides say Benadryl to help alleviate this? It's not a huge ordeal but it does make me feel bad when I see him go crazy on beds and blankets rubbing his face into them lol

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Yes, you can give Benadryl a shot, you can also flush his eyes with plain saline too.

zippereatsraw

zippereatsraw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

mine has similar issues benadryl does help a bit but for my dog its one eye that is more runny than the other but its clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO