Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Most Finicky Cat On Earth

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DoopsieDaisy

DoopsieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationaz
My tonkinese myla is a typical cat. I would really love to transition my two cats to raw, and I'm halfway there with my orange kitty, but myla just won't budge. It took me FOREVER to get her to eat wet food. I'm talking syringe force feeding for days before she would finally eat it on her own. And even now, she will ONLY eat the friskies brand. She won't touch anything else. I had boughten a different brand and she starved herself. I worry about causing liver problems, my kitty expert vet said it's not a huge issue since she is so slim, but she really loses a lot of weight when she won't eat and it freaks me out. She's not just stubborn, she absolutely refuses to consider anything else but her friskies crapola food! I really don't want to feed her any more commercial pet food and I have tried everything. My last resort was possibly bringing in a live feeder mouse and letting her catch it to hope it would spark her prey drive and make her realize THATS WHAT SHES SUPPOSED TO EAT! I can't believe that she was a stray for so long and now is addicted to canned food.. Do you think the live mouse would help? She's an indoor only kitty so how would I go about this without making a mess? Any input or suggestions at all would be amazingly appreciated!!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I doubt a live mouse would help. It would probably end up biting her more than her biting it LOL

Can you add just one tiny, minuscule piece of liver or heart meat to her canned food to see if she will pick around it? I mean the size of half a pea......or smaller.  

DoopsieDaisy

DoopsieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationaz
Lol darn. This picky cat will drive me insane
I can try that. I've done it in the past with commercial raw, and she wouldn't touch even the normal food
I'm convinced she just gets a laugh out of me going crazy
When we got her as a stray, it was really obvious that she had never been an indoor cat so I'm so surprised that she won't even consider raw
I will keep trying and keep you updated
My other cat on the other hand will leave his wet food to go steal some of Daisys raw and follows me around meowing when I'm handling any raw meat which makes me jump for joy
  • Prey Model Raw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO