Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fable

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
A few months back I got a little stray that had been staying around the place. She was on the streets for months before we caught her. Her coat wasn't great and she lacked overall condition. My mom had wanted to keep her(ok with me, I didn't want anymore ;) ), and she had, not to my knowledge, started feeding her Iams. A few weeks after being on it she began loosing hair around her eye. She lost a good amount and I suspected demadex. My mom decided she didn't want to keep her, so I did. She went straight to raw and literally with in a week the hair was growing back in. In not even a month you couldn't even tell where the hair loss was. Her coat looks amazing and she is doing great. Her name is Fable and I'm still not sure what breeds are there. But she is well behaved and playful, and spoiled now.
  • Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, BeagleCountry and 5 others like this

SuperPug

SuperPug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Glad you took her in and changed her life. It's sad when people view animals as disposable things.

• Pixel, GimMom and tricunusschol like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

That's awesome! I'd love to see pictures of this little lady! 

• Pixel and tricunusschol like this

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas

I don't have any new pictures, but here are a couple of older ones. You can see her bald eye in one of them  :(

DSCN4384_zps931b95e9.jpg

DSCN4754_zps54b4e768.jpg

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, GimMom and 1 other like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I love zoomies pictures! 

• Pixel and tricunusschol like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

She looks SOOOO happy! Glad you took her in! She's beautiful!  :thumbsu:

• Pixel, GimMom and tricunusschol like this

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
Thanks. She is a really good dog, well for me anyways. Lol. She doesn't like most people, but I think its because she wasn't handle as a puppy and may have been treated badly. She is very submissive and scared of men. She learns so fast though. She was walking on a leash in a day and is doing great on house training. She loves her raw food and is doing amazing on it. Her and Pivot are perfect for each other. Pivot is very dominant and not great with other dogs, but they play literally all day. I have an appt for her to get spayed in sept. Im a little nervous, but I think she'll be fine :) I get to sit in on the surgery too, so I feel a little better.
  • Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, GimMom and 1 other like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
I used to scrub in at the vet I did a co-op with to learn stuffs while she did surgery. She even let me do a few sutures and hold forceps. Highlight of my year that year!

She's beautiful! Glad she's thriving with her new mommy!

Pixel

Pixel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas
You can learn so much by sitting in and being hands on, often more than what you would from a book.
I love helping with surgeries. I prefer it over doing rooms, but its all fun.

Fables spay went great. She did ok with everyone touching her and pulling blood, catheter etc. It's hard keeping her calm though. She has a ton of energy.

She's hasn't had any accidents in the house. And she is amazed by the tv(all the dogs watch tv). I bought her some new toys too.
  • Prey Model Raw and Jordann like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO