Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Finally, A Craigslist Score!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

That is one helluva score!!! 

• GimMom likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Awesome!!!  :thumbsu:

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
I retract my excitement about my 26 pounds of elk. lol!

Awesome score!!
  • GimMom likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Pfft, I'd LOVE elk! Need to make friends with some hunters! But at least I'm making friends with farmers, which is also handy :D

There was a bit of fish near the bottom of the freezer, otherwise, all of that score pretty much topped it up. I can't even believe it. Shane was excited that all we had to buy was chicken and some turkey on occasion, and organs, which is all cheap. 

• naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I wish I could feed elk. But in Alabama.......elk is sparse to say the least! Maybe I will run up on a hunter who travels to hunt big game. And maybe his/her freezer will go out. And maybe I will get the elk meat. Can't I always hope??? lol!!  :devil:

• Jordann likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

I'd actually consider hunting rabbit and deer myself if I ever moved out to the country. 

Note to self: bug Shane to move out to the country.

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Screw hunting the rabbits ... Raise your own! :) My husband is gone for a work conference this week ... Really hard not going out and getting a trio. I'm getting a free dogloo tomorrow ... I could totally modify it for rabbits! lol
  • GimMom likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Mine all like wild rabbit, but won't eat domestic rabbit. Go figure.

• Jordann likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Only way mine are getting wild rabbit, is if they catch it themselves! lol I'll get them an elk or deer, but rabbit sounds too dang hard to hunt.

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Yeah, I would probably hunt mostly deer and raise meat rabbits. My guys are only picky about fish, so I know whatever I hunt/kill, they'll eat.

I need this to happen now, of course :P I've been itching to move out of the city to be able to do stuff like this! I need to win the lottery so I can buy a small farm or something :P

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Only way mine are getting wild rabbit, is if they catch it themselves! lol I'll get them an elk or deer, but rabbit sounds too dang hard to hunt.

You do have to be a good shot for a rabbit. Kirby (my son) is really good at shooting so we just let him handle it. 

• Jordann likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Yeah, I would probably hunt mostly deer and raise meat rabbits. My guys are only picky about fish, so I know whatever I hunt/kill, they'll eat.

I need this to happen now, of course :P I've been itching to move out of the city to be able to do stuff like this! I need to win the lottery so I can buy a small farm or something :P

I keep entering Publishers Clearing house. But so far, I'm still waiting.......... :notfair:

• Jordann likes this

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Slightly older post, but wanted to say that if you are posting an ad, you don't even have to say you are feeding raw if you want to avoid possible backlash. You could simply say due to a lot of allergies, you have to make your pets food, leaving the assumption of "homecooked". Raw subject avoided. Unless part of your goal is to inform the general public of course:)
  • abita likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I find that I get hits, when people know more details. I have yet to have any negative comments from strangers, just acquaintances and friends. I have two friends who will feed the boys if I need. Only trust one to do it, though. lol

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

I get a lot of people ask questions, but the only negative response I have had is from one of the vets at work. (surprise)! And she's a horse only vet at that, who admits she really doesn't know a lot about small animals.  :startle:

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I'm waiting for the questions ... Or aomething from Craigslist. No such luck yet.

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts

Just keep your ad running. You'll get a hit eventually. 

• Jordann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO