Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Los Angeles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jenn

Jenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello! This is my first post in this group and actually in any group ever. My name is Jenn and I live in LA with my 4 year old Ridgeback Timah. 

I just started TImah on raw chicken breast yesterday and after cutting it into pieces the first time (when he looked at me quizzically), he's been on a roll, chewing it up himself like a big boy. 

However, I'd love to know if anyone has meal plans that I can use as reference. 

Also, if anyone is in the Los Angeles area and can recommend good places to buy meat, other than the obvious supermarket places, I'd appreciate that. 

Thanks so much!

Jenn and Timah

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Welcome! Have you read the getting started guide on this site? It will give you a lot of the answers you are looking for. 

Basically, you will start with bone in chicken for about the first two weeks. Assuming all goes well, good poops and all, then you will move on to turkey, then to pork and so on. Just intro each protein one at a time. Once you have transitioned through all the proteins, you can just feed a different something everyday, or even mix them. But expect your transition through them all to last around 12-14 weeks, depending on how well your dog does. There is no rush.

Jenn

Jenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Jenny, thanks so much. I did read the getting started guide but I guess I just needed some additional encouragement! It is scary to know I'm in 100% (hopefully) control of what nutrition my boy gets and this is a bit of a big change for him and for me. So thanks for the support! Still doing chicken and so far so good so I guess we'll keep truckin' for the next week and a half before switching things up. 

By the way, what treats can I give him now during the day? I'm assuming commercial treats like Greenies and stuff are to be cut out?

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

In the beginning, it's best not to give any treats during the transition. The more you add, the more chance for digestive upset. If I was to give anything, it would be something like chicken feet. But for sure, nothing commercial.

Jenn

Jenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks Jenny. Appreciate your help! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO