Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Good Rmb's For A Medium Sized Dog?

poodle new to raw transitioning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

GSDgirl82

GSDgirl82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all, first post here!

I have four dogs, three of which have been on PMR for a few months now and with the exception of some detoxing they are doing great!  I'm transitioning my last dog to raw now; next week he'll have been on chicken for 2 weeks so I was going to introduce a new protein(it'll either be turkey, beef or pork) but I'm just not sure what a good RBM is for his size.  He's a 3 y/o 44lb poodle mix, probably on the small side for a standard poodle and right now he's eating about a pound a day though he's super active so I may have to adjust that.  So far he's been a super slow eater with his chicken quarters but he has a very high food drive so I don't know how comfortable I'd be with giving him something like chicken necks... duck necks would probably be a perfect size but I'm not sure I can get them.  I'm still pretty new to raw so I'm just unsure the best way to continue transitioning him so would love some input!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Most commercially available RMBs will be acceptable for his size if he's a good chewer. How well does he handle chicken bones? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poodle, new to raw, transitioning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO