Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How to easily break down a whole turkey

- - - - - raw feeding raw turkey breaking down turkey

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

We broke down one of the turkeys we got for free yesterday and decided make a new video.

I present you with Turkey Deconstruction 101 wink.gif (no sound this time.. just on screen prompts... let me know what you think)

• ggjgintw39, Timothytip, Furypn and 1 other like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Watching this has made me realize we need new knives. She made that look way too easy with that knife. 

I do it pretty much the same way except none of our dogs want the leg bone so I have my little way of removing the meat from the legs. Sometimes I'll break down the carcass or sometimes I'll leave the whole carcass intact (after removing legs, wings, and breast meat) for Iorveth to have something large to keep him busy. I actually enjoy breaking down turkeys. Now I'm kind of wishing I had one.

• jdatwood, ggjgintw39, Furypn and 1 other like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Good knives make all the difference. We have certain knives that are used for nothing but meat prep and butchering. 

I like feeding turkeys whole as well, it's been a long time since we had whole turkeys to give! Now I WANT a whole turkey LOL....or 6 to keep all the dogs happy. 

• jdatwood, Iorveth, Furypn and 1 other like this

Iorveth

Iorveth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

We just always have other things we need more. I really do think I need to move good knives towards the top of the list. 

Whole turkeys, for my guys, are too much. Dude is the only one who will self regulate but Buck and Iorveth would eat themselves sick. They've tried. I think a whole turkey would last Buck at least two meals and Iorveth probably three, maybe four.

• jdatwood, Furypn and Bellipn like this

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

I picked up one of these a few weeks ago to use in place of our Shuns for meat prep.  It's working great so far!  Feels good in my hands and holds an edge well

Guy Fieri ER 28 Knuckle Sandwich Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Blade

Attached Files

• Iorveth, Furypn and Bellipn like this

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID

Wow, great sale going on today on Woot!

http://sellout.woot....ery-your-choice

• Furypn and Bellipn like this

jdatwood

jdatwood

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRathdrum, ID
Knives back on sale for the next 24 hours!
http://sellout.woot....y-your-choice-3

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Bumping this up for everyone. :)

JPsMom

JPsMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
*sniffle* missed it. Sold out. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raw feeding, raw turkey, breaking down turkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO