Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pippin Got Neutered (And His Hernia Fixed) Finally!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

The perks of working in a fantastic clinic, got him neutered, chipped and hernia-free on Tuesday............and I GOT TO WATCH!

(plus it was cheap, so cheap!)  :D :D :D

I know it sounds weird, but surgery is the best part of vet medicine for me.

Anyway, the Cone of Shame has very rarely come off for longer than he needs to eat or go for a walk. He IS taking a small break from it right now napping on the floor and I'm very closely watching him. But he hasn't worried at it so far. I'm just still not taking any chances and keeping him coned and crated at night and while we're at work (or go out without the dogs for an extended period of time). I will NOT be the owner who had to do the walk of shame because my dog ripped a stitch, LOL. 

10478137_10152145591322172_4926846582920

• Prey Model Raw, naturalfeddogs, Jordann and 33 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Poor noodle! He will feel better soon!
  • CurtisDaw, CurtisCiz, FrancesMep and 15 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

He's recovering quite nicely! And I'm surprised, given how much he struggled for everything (blood work, catheter and sedation), yet doesn't struggle when I put the cone on him. Which suits me just fine! Gim did NOT take getting a cone put on him very well at all!

• Prey Model Raw, CurtisDaw, CurtisCiz and 13 others like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Poor guy! Hope he's doing better! We are about to have to have Shadow done too. He is having some attitude problems that I think are partially due to testosterone. I'm going to take him to work with me one day in the next couple of weeks (to a horse vet, go figure! lol). One of the vets there, Dr. Brittany said she will do it for me for a reasonable price. After he wakes up, he will get to spend the rest of the day in an empty horse stall!  :P

• CurtisDaw, CurtisCiz, FrancesMep and 10 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

That's pretty sweet! You gotta love it when you can get procedures like this done for cheap or free. The fact that he gets a nice horse stall to recover in is icing on the cake! :D

• naturalfeddogs, CurtisDaw, FrancesMep and 9 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Pip was a pain in the arse to intubate, he apparently has a large epiglottis! 

• CurtisDaw, FrancesMep, aqweriz and 7 others like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Pip was a pain in the arse to intubate, he apparently has a large epiglottis! 

This doesn't surprise me one bit! The brachycephalic breeds usually are super hard to entubate!! 

• FrancesMep, aqweriz, VitezEreD and 6 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

If I still used Gimli's old vet, I would ask him if Gim had the same issue. But I'm going to assume yes, because my dogs are usually trouble :P

Hernia incision sutures come out tomorrow! He gets to spend 7 hours at work with me. Now I just need to figure out how to feed his dinner at the clinic tomorrow since I'm there until 8pm. He gets hunger pukes if I leave it too late, so I might go with some ground chicken so nobody freaks, LOL 

• FrancesMep, aqweriz, VitezEreD and 4 others like this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

So the little dork healed VERY nicely, and it has been awesome watchin him chill out, as well as being able to rub his belly without hitting a bump. :)

• Prey Model Raw, Jordann, arie and 7 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO