Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Many Times A Day Do You Feed?

- - - - - noob cat raw feeding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Cloudiie

Cloudiie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I know cats are "grazers" in comparison to dogs. And that they can't go for prolonged periods of time without food or it can cause organ damage.

So I'm just curious as to how often you provide food for your cats?

I know raw can't be left out for hours on end for the cat to nibble on when it feels like it, unlike kibble. So do you have scheduled meal times?

Currently my dog gets fed 3 times a day. If I put my cat on the same schedule if I switch to raw would that work?

I'm just in a bit of a tricky situation. I'm living at home, my family has 3 cats but only one is mine. And I'm looking in to putting her on a raw diet. It's going to be an "experiment" in regards to if I'm able to do it, and it is around the same cost as our current diet my mom may consider switching the other two over. So I'm just trying to figure out how to separate things without jeopardizing the health of my cat.

• SurraTazy, Furypn and Bellipn like this

Amanda

Amanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBarry, IL

I feed both my dogs and cats once a day, normally in the evenings, but I try to vary the times so they don't get hunger pukes.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

I feed my cats once a day as well, without issue. Both are normal and healthy and vibrant. I don't necessarily believe in the whole "cats are grazers" thing, but I do believe in feeding cats ONLY fresh foods. 

Let us know how the transition goes!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noob, cat, raw feeding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO