Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Whole Cuts With Long Weight Bearing Bones

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Peanut

Peanut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So as per my last post (redness and swelling around the mouth) we've taken chicken out of my dogs diet and I've see no flare ups since ... But it also means that I am limited to lamb and goat for my dogs edible bone source which is very very expensive here (think prime cut beef) I'm looking into sourcing rabbit, and as of now am avoiding pork because here in India the risks for tapeworm and trichinosis are pretty high with raw pork and given that it's the monsoons my dogs are also a little under exercised so I don't want meats that are too fatty right now.

Anyway this morning I fed my dog a bone in cut of the whole fore leg (attached photo) ... I have never fed her this cut or any weight bearing bones before but I wanted to see how she would navigate this because the info on leg cuts varies among prey model raw sources. She did chew on it properly but true to form for her there was no tearing of meat from the bone or gnawing, she just chewed through the cut, bone meat and all and ate the whole thing. It was a smaller animal - but I am left wondering if I should feed her this cut again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO