Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thoughts On Cannabis Oil For Dogs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I have read that cannabis helps so many conditions, including cancer.  Has anyone use this before?  What are your thoughts?

Here is the site I ordered from

Canna-pet.com

• CynthiaMa, Janicehah and OctavioMype like this

Erica

Erica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Usually I would pass over something like this but this is soemthing I would be very interested in...or extremely curious  about lol

Why did you order it?

• CynthiaMa and Janicehah like this

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I have read a lot about medical marijuana helping people for pain, as well as it effects on cancer... I have two 14 year old dogs, one of which has another Mast Cell Tumor with the possibility of it being in her urinary system somewhere...   she also had an ACL tear a while back, an now  has some stiffness. and she has some degenerative issues that effect the nerves in her spine.. (she has no pain though)

My other one her hip ball in practically non existent  and the socket is not right either, she has arthritis in that area, and she seems to have some degenerative issues of the spine/nerves also.

I don't really like using pain killers and any other chemical stuff,  I prefer an all natural course if possible, besides the side effects are terrible and Macy does not like the feeling of being euphoric.

Canna pet is an all natural,  low THC medical marijuana developed in collaboration by vets in 6 states and MIT enterprise

Cannabis is suppose to also help anxiety, behavior issues, pain management and of course slow down if not kill cancer cells

• CynthiaMa and Janicehah like this

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I didn't see this post or I would have added my thread to it! Check it out! :) http://preymodelraw....pearing-cancer/

Also, my step dad manages his elderly dogs anxiety and pain with cannabis.  The poor dog can actually run and relax when he is treated with it.

• naturalfeddogs and CynthiaMa like this

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I didn't know where to buy it, so I googled and bought it from canna-pet.... it is suppose be made just for pets.

what kind does he use and dosage, has he had any ill effects

Sprocket

Sprocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I didn't know where to buy it, so I googled and bought it from canna-pet.... it is suppose be made just for pets.

what kind does he use and dosage, has he had any ill effects

He doesn't measure it or keep track. He just gives him a pinch when he seems like he needs it or before a long car ride.

• lovemypits likes this

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Our friends have a 10 year old lab who has been overweight all her life. They ave finally started taking weight off of her, because her hips and hind legs are so painful. They gave her THC treats. First one they gave her too much, so when it finally kicked in, she was too stoned to move and stared at a chicken for 5 minutes. They finally have gotten her correct dosage. I texted her to find out how much, but all she knows is it's one treat. Their friend buys the treats, so she is asking them for the company info (weird it wasn't asked sooner, but to each their own).

Hopefully it helps your girls! Maybe I should get some to calm Tank down. :)

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Curious.  What about CBD oil?  I don't know if there is a such thing but I was reading on the Cancer Society's website about pot.  Apparently THC is more for relaxation while CBD is more for actual physical healing.  My brother in law says the same thing and he grows the stuff (legally) for a living.

Cancer Society wants to do more tests on c. Indica which produces higher CBD than c. Sativa which is higher in THC.

lovemypits

lovemypits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

from what I understand THC can be toxic for dogs, the stuff I bought has little to no THC it is made from industrial hemp and contain CBD, terpenoids and flavonoids

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

from what I understand THC can be toxic for dogs, the stuff I bought has little to no THC it is made from industrial hemp and contain CBD, terpenoids and flavonoids

Interesting.  When I was in school, pot was the best bad thing your dog could get into.  

By that I mean that your dog would be out there but monitoring was all that was generally needed. 

Industrial hemp has low to no THC content.  That is what they make fibers/clothing out of and I believe hemp seeds.
If it had industrial hemp then your dog was probably getting a good healthy dose of Omega 3.

blacksheep

blacksheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Cannabis sativa is a member of the Cannabaceae family. Slang terms include pot, weed and Mary Jane, just to name a few. Marijuana, or THC, affects receptors in the brain which alter normal neurotransmitter function. Dogs and cats can be poisoned by marijuana from second hand smoke exposure, or from direct ingestion of marijuana or baked foods (e.g., pot brownies, pot butter, etc.) laced with THC. In dogs and cats poisoned by marijuana, clinical signs can be seen within 3 hours, and include severe depression, walking as if drunk, lethargy, coma, low heart rate, low blood pressure, respiratory depression, dilated pupils, hyperactivity, vocalization and seizures. Vomiting is often seen with dogs despite the “anti-emetic” (anti-vomiting) qualities of THC.

http://www.petpoison...ison/marijuana/

In other words, your pet gets really high.  Just like some people, they might seizure but thats about it.  Even working in a city full of stoners...the only time you treat a dog that has consumed marijuana (besides letting them rest and monitoring their heart) is if that pot was laced with something else.

The store you bought from doesn't seem harmful but rather expensive.  Hemp hearts are expensive but you can get them MUCH cheaper than $6 for 2oz.  That makes Whole Foods look cheap!  I'm doubting their claims though.  Legal hemp even at its highest levels isn't enough to show up on a drug test for a job.  Makes me wonder if they just had these chemicals tested at a lab but lowered them so they can be able to market as hemp.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO