Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Chicken Bone Stuck In Teeth

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Hey all, it's been a while! Sorry I haven't been around... life has been busy!

About half an hour ago I gave Meeko his breakfast, which consisted of a chicken wing and organ pieces.

I noticed him chattering his teeth weirdly so my boyfriend and I had a look, and it looks like he has a piece of chicken bone stuck in between his teeth.

He's had stuff stuck in that same area a few times before, but usually they've been bits of chicken/turkey skin, etc. so nothing hard to get out really.

We tried pushing the bone out gently with a Q-tip (this is what we usually do when there's a piece of skin), and we tried getting our fingers around it, but no luck yet. Meeko, as you guys know, is ridiculously small, so it's hard getting even our fingers in there really (very little room to maneuver)!

I don't really want to go to the vet for something like this (I obviously will if we cannot get it out on our own), but does anyone else have any other tips on how to get it out?

• CurtisDaw likes this

caninemomma

caninemomma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDunnellon, Fl

Is it (was it) stuck in the back molars or canines? I really guess it depends if the bone is stuck between teeth or lacerated gums.  If you can't retrieve it, the vet may have to because you may not get all of it out if a tiny piece broke off or not.  keep us posted!   good luck, poor little guy!

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

I got it out!! Yay!

It was stuck between the molars. He had it in his mouth for 12 hours before we were able to finally wiggle it out lol!

I had JUST called the vet for an emergency appointment with a vet tech. Just as I finished the phone call, my boyfriend managed to wiggle it out of Meeko's teeth! Yay!

Poor little guy was miserable all day because of the bone. It was an inch long! The moment we got it out of his mouth, he went back to his peppy self, doing pom circles all over the place!

• naturalfeddogs likes this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Yay!!  :goodjob: He's got to feel so much better!!

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Poor baby! Glad you got it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO