Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Grissom & Annie (Raw Fed Corgi And Boxer)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

boxerpaws

boxerpaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Grissom, was only one year old when his vet told me carbohydrates in his "high quality" commercial food were going to kill him. That was when I put him on a PMR diet, and he is doing better than ever. Mealtime is his favorite time of the day, and he thrives. PMR solved all of his issues... well, except the no legs part. :-)

Photobucket

After seeing such an incredible turn around with my Corgi going from kibble to raw, I knew bringing home my Boxer puppy that it was the only way to go. Boxers are incredibly prone to allergies and have very sensitive digestive systems, but on a prey model raw diet, my Annie thrives.

Photobucket

Click here to view the article
  • BeagleCountry, OwnedBySilly, Deroypini and 2 others like this

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Such cuties!

You're lucky you have such a knowledgeable vet. My usual vet does not have an opinion on diet, but one that I saw when I had my first check up with Meeko (my dog) was one of those "YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF THE SALMONELLA AND E.COLI AND BACTERIA WHEN FEEDING RAW YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE IT'S BALANCED AND THAT HE'S STILL GETTING FRUITS AND VEGGIES" ugh lol.

• naturalfeddogs and Deroypini like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

Such cuties!

You're lucky you have such a knowledgeable vet. My usual vet does not have an opinion on diet, but one that I saw when I had my first check up with Meeko (my dog) was one of those "YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF THE SALMONELLA AND E.COLI AND BACTERIA WHEN FEEDING RAW YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE IT'S BALANCED AND THAT HE'S STILL GETTING FRUITS AND VEGGIES" ugh lol.

I would say something like "yea, I will be careful about it for myself, but my dog will be fine." 

That's a typical comment from most vets.

• jdatwood and Prey Model Raw like this

taquitos

taquitos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

I would say something like "yea, I will be careful about it for myself, but my dog will be fine." 

That's a typical comment from most vets.

Yeah I usually just don't discuss diet with them at all :)

• naturalfeddogs likes this

GimMom

GimMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Grissom and Annie are adorable! Grissom is an awesome name, too. ;) 

I can only imagine what mine would say if I told him he was on PMR. He's the one who was completely unyielding in what I could feed him (vet science diet was THEY ONLY thing I could feed Gimli, according to him), after giving me a lecture about leaving his ear infection too long (on a budget, didn't even KNOW dogs could get yeast infections), and insisted I spend $300 on allergy tests. 

Needless to say, I haven't been back. I'm going to get him heartworm tested in the fall (also going to try the Guinness beer thing for preventing HW), but I'm trying a new vet that is closer to home. If I get any flack for the raw diet, I'll just smile and nod and get the tests done, and then get outta there!

amie s

amie s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Once I made the mistake of telling my vet that I was giving my dog coconut oil. This was my response when she told me the dog had a beautiful coat. Her response to the coconut oil comment was, "Why?"

I like my vet ok, but I don't LOVE them. I don't think I'll be discussing this with them unless absolutely necessary.

• naturalfeddogs likes this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Once I made the mistake of telling my vet that I was giving my dog coconut oil. This was my response when she told me the dog had a beautiful coat. Her response to the coconut oil comment was, "Why?"

I like my vet ok, but I don't LOVE them. I don't think I'll be discussing this with them unless absolutely necessary.

This cracks me up....they finish telling you how wonderful your pet looks and then when they hear what you've been doing for them diet/lifestyle wise....they're like "uh, WTF?" 

Like it's impossible for them to put 2 and 2 together.

• GimMom, amie s and OwnedBySilly like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO