Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Do You Add....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Berna

Berna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

FYI,

Tomatoes, Potatoes and Rhubarb are Toxic to Pets

Tomatoes, potatoes and rhubarb contain oxalates, which trigger abnormalities with the nervous system, kidneys and digestive tract. Especially toxic are green tomatoes, green potatoes, potato skins, and tomato leaves and plants, can trigger tremors, seizure and heart arrhythimia, so tomatoes should never be given to dogs.

The tomato plant is toxic to dogs (and humans too). The fruit is not toxic. I occasionally add tomatoes to the veggie mix I feed my dog, with no problems. 

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi
My pup gets 2 frozen kongs a day, one with a scrambled egg with swiss chard and green beans, amd one with yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and coconut oil. Besides those, he gets cooked meat and cheese for treats.

Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, new here. I recently switched my girl to raw. I had a question regarding feeding a fruit/veggie blend. I used raw veggies/fruits and blended down to a smooth mixture. I have received some comments about needing to boil them before mixing for the dog to absorb the nutrients. My question is which is the correct or best way to do it where the dog will get the most of the mixture. Raw puree or boiled prior. 

Thanks in advance.

raw_in_malawi

raw_in_malawi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLilongwe, Malawi

Hello, new here. I recently switched my girl to raw. I had a question regarding feeding a fruit/veggie blend. I used raw veggies/fruits and blended down to a smooth mixture. I have received some comments about needing to boil them before mixing for the dog to absorb the nutrients. My question is which is the correct or best way to do it where the dog will get the most of the mixture. Raw puree or boiled prior. 

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome :) The Prey Model Raw diet doesn't include fruits and veggies, just meat, bones and organs. The logic is that dog's ancestors ate a diet similar to PMR and didn't eat fruits and veggies and in order for the nutrients to be available, they have to be cooked or pulverized, neither of which dogs in the wild could do. I give my dog veggies occasionally, more like a snack or a random bite. Based on my research, it's either pulverize or cook, but not both. Veggies and fruits aren't necessary, but of course you can feed however you want :)

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Pulverizing them should be sufficient to extract nutrients.

SoFlayRoud

SoFlayRoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Other than meat, Jyes will get a spoonful of either pumpkin, yogurt, or cottage cheese a day. I give her an egg every three days, and she gets olive oil or coconut oil on occasion.
She loves cantaloupe so when I can I give her some. She also enjoys tomatos and apple, so sometimes I give her some of that too. But it's more of a treat than a.part of her meals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO