Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I Think I Made My Dog Sick...

sick puppy diaahrea how to get her feeling better

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Jordann, she is doing much better. I bought her some fish oil pills and dialed in her turkey and bone ratio. Her stool is back to normal. How long do I keep her on turkey? This will be her second week.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Keep her on turkey, until her poop is solid and good for a week. Then you will move onto fish or pork. :) Just be aware red meats are richer than the poultry she has had, so just be aware that she may have some slight poop issues, but she will adjust in time! We are here for any encouragement needed, or if you just need to vent! ;)

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

If all is going well, this will be your last week on turkey, then you will be able to move on to pork.

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts
Definitely give it more time. At least give it 6 months before you go back to kibble.

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks Jordann! And everyone else giving me pointers. She's back to her hyper self. Her clout is changing. Her bald spots are starting to have due grow back.

What cuts of pork would you recommend? Especially for bone portions.
  • naturalfeddogs and Jordann like this

naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationTalladega, Alabama

I would go with pork ribs for the bones. Those are probably going to be the easiest to get. You could also go with pork neck for bone also. I can't find any around here, so I have never fed any, but I know others have fed them and could tell you what to look for in them. 

As far as boneless pork goes, any roasts would be fine. I find them on sale sometimes and get them then. 

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Hey guys! Just reporting back. Kanani is doing very well with her diet. I started to mix up her meats. I switch off between the protein sources every other day. I even incorporated some chicken liver once a week. The only food source I haven't tried is fish. She was on beef last week.
  • Prey Model Raw and Jordann like this

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things are going well :)

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I'm so happy to hear she's doing better!!

PS, did I see you were in Tacoma, in a different post? :)

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes Jordann, I live in Parkland. Where can I get good meat for my doggy??!

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
Sorry, I've been on my deathbed with this dang cold we have. I have heard Saar's on Pac Ave has good deals for beef heart ... I believe $1.49 a pound ... You just have to talk to the meat guy and tell him you feed raw and ask if he can make you any deals. He can also get in organs and what not. I believe the price was quoted for 30 pounds, but the lady who told me about this said he gave her the same deal on 10 pounds as well. I have been getting a lot of free meat from friends and people in my community, so I just supplement with bone-in chicken. Walmart is cheaper (79 cents a pound) than Winco (89 cents a pound) but the Winco quarters are 1.25 ish pounds with some back and organs still attached. :)

Have you checked with butchers around you? I haven't given Blue Max a call ... I think they're on Canyon, past 512 (if memory serves). Can't think of any other butchers off the top of my head, but if I do I'll definitely let you know! :)

You do the same! ;)

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Those are all the places that I go! Lol. I went to Cash and Carry in Parkland and they have whole chickens for .97 cents a pound.

Do you switch up your meals? I started rotating her meats. I've been giving her 2 separate animal proteins. Chicken legs with pork, or turkey meat with beef cuts.

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Those are all the places that I go! Lol. I went to Cash and Carry in Parkland and they have whole chickens for .97 cents a pound.

Do you switch up your meals? I started rotating her meats. I've been giving her 2 separate animal proteins. Chicken legs with pork, or turkey meat with beef cuts.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
I forgot about Cash and Carry!

Yes, they get an assortment of proteins ... I want to add a few more, but don't have enough land for goats where I'm currently living and can't leave a herd at our farm, as we aren't there all the time. lol I mix proteins quite often, and sometimes they only get one. Yesterday they had chicken quarters, but tonight I am picking up some old venison so they will eat later than normal, to get the venison ... Need to go shopping for them again. :) The proteins they regularly eat are chicken, turkey, pork, beef, elk, and deer. I'm thinking of getting them a cow head today, so they'll chow down on that for about a week. I can get you the number of the guy I may be getting a cow head from ... They are about 20 pounds and he only charges $10 :) He is maybe 30 minutes away from 176th ... Maybe less than that. :) Let me know and I'll message you his number!

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Hello all. I just wanted to follow up on my Bully. She's healthy and 15 months old now. Totally raw fed at that!

078C7584-5906-4AA1-A86C-DEBCDD13D63F_zps

jagger

jagger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Oh my, she is gorgeous. I love bullies.

Jordann

Jordann

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts
What a gorgeous girl!! I'm glad she's doing so well!!

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Thank you Jagger!

Puertoroc253

Puertoroc253

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Thank you as well Jordann! But was rough at the start but I'm glad I stuck with it. My pup is eating all kinds of food. Herring, mackerel, smelt, all of the barnyard variety. She loves yogurt, blueberries, carrots, and apples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO