Welcome to Prey Model Raw
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dull Coat, Losing Hair.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

m_ly

m_ly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I can't say if this is due to raw but my 20 week old Dane puppy's back is coarse and I just noticed she is losing hair. Not a lot but you can almost see her skin when walking her. The hair looks sparse. I read on here about feeding too much eggs possibly being the cause and I was feeding her 1-2 eggs everyday. Last two days no eggs. I don't know if this is happening because of raw or because I've been bathing her once a week. She's on medicated shampoo for huge puppy acne spots. While on that topic, anyone else experience this issue? I was hoping I could just feed her something different to help with the puppy acne issue. She will get huge pimples on her body. When they pop themselves they look like big abscesses with a pretty big drainage hole. I've been told this is normal. I'm stopping with the eggs and the bathing to see if this helps with her coat being so dull, coarse, and the hair loss. Please let me know if you have experienced anything like this! TIA!

Mercedes

Prey Model Raw

Prey Model Raw

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,661 posts

Cut the eggs down to once a week and bathe her once a month. If you bathe her that often, you'll strip their skin and coat of all the natural and healthy oils. 

She's a blue Dane right? They're known for skin issues. 

I would add in organic, raw coconut oil and wild alaskan salmon oil several times a week as both are fantastic for skin and coat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We use this company for SEO